St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to be pedantic but we're EU citizens too :p:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 381
Bucky!
EU Students pay the same fees as the English students (that is, English students at Scottish universities) at around £1775 per year (£2825 for medicine). Scottish students don't pay tuition fees.

Below is a link to this years fees (2009-2010 haven't been published yet, but will be probably slightly higher (~£50 more)

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/money/Tuitionfees/ug/

Actually EU students don't have to pay tuition fees in Scottish universities...(the English being the exception) SAAS will pay for our tuition fees.
Reply 382
tiuku
Actually EU students don't have to pay tuition fees in Scottish universities...(the English being the exception) SAAS will pay for our tuition fees.

Please tell me that is some kind of joke...
Reply 383
tiuku

Yeah that is what I was told, but i haven't been sure bout that.

Do you've any proof for that? Maybe an official website or something like that?

Meteorshower
Sorry to be pedantic but we're EU citizens too :p:

:rolleyes: sure ... i guess you know what I meant to say :biggrin:
Reply 384
Bucky!

It's true...:shifty:
Reply 385
Bucky!

Sorry to tell you that it really isn't...:p: Go check out SAAS's website if you don't believe me! EU students have to pay tuition in English universities but not in Scottish... I don't know why that is...maybe because Scottish students have to pay tuition fees in English unis. :confused:
Reply 386
tiuku
Sorry to tell you that it really isn't...:p: Go check out SAAS's website if you don't believe me! EU students have to pay tuition in English universities but not in Scottish... I don't know why that is...maybe because Scottish students have to pay tuition fees in English unis. :confused:

Yeah, you made me happy telling me this!
Could you send me the link to this information coz I can't find it?:confused:
Reply 388

Yes :yep: :smile: thats what I've been searching for!
Do you know if I'm also eligible for the student loan to cover my living expenses or is this just for scottish students as it is in Britain?
Reply 389
fg08
Yes :yep: :smile: thats what I've been searching for!
Do you know if I'm also eligible for the student loan to cover my living expenses or is this just for scottish students as it is in Britain?

I'm not really sure about the loan since I've not really looked into it..:biggrin: Maybe someone else has a better answer for this one. I guess you could try asking about this in the money and finance forum.:smile: I'm sure someone there will know!
Gotta love Scotland (L) :biggrin:
Reply 391
Its all ok for you guys but what about us English students!
Reply 392
Man i'm getting so anxious about this application I check my email like twice a day and my ucas track just incase. The pressure is killing me because I hope sooo much that i get in because I really want to go.
Reply 393
Oxy
Its all ok for you guys but what about us English students!

Are you talking 'bout the fees?
I guess you have to pay the same fees as in England?
Correct me if its wrong. :rolleyes:
English (and Northern Irish) pay less fees in Scotland than we would anywhere else in the UK. This year it's £1775 which isn't bad bad compared to the £3140 (i think...) we would pay if we went to university in England, NI or Wales. :biggrin:
Reply 395
chester.
English (and Northern Irish) pay less fees in Scotland than we would anywhere else in the UK. This year it's £1775 which isn't bad bad compared to the £3140 (i think...) we would pay if we went to university in England, NI or Wales. :biggrin:

Ah ok, sorry for the incorrect information ... I'm an international applicant and thought I've read this somewhere yesterday.:rolleyes:
lavada
haha thank you.. but you are from EU and the acknowledgement mail said that EU and UK students will mostly hear from us after Jan 15 so don't worry:smile:
I am from Turkey:smile: and just out of curiosity which college did you applied for oxford? b/c I got rejected from the same course as well:frown:

Agh that would make sense. Well now I just have to wait.

Christ Church, even though everyone told me not to do so. I was originally thinking Merton or Pembroke but then...bleh.
Reply 397
Biochem
Man i'm getting so anxious about this application I check my email like twice a day and my ucas track just incase. The pressure is killing me because I hope sooo much that i get in because I really want to go.

I know! I am just the same! Although the funny this is, today when I didn't expect it, I was checking my mail on my iPod (because I was sure it wasn't anything important coming there since it's a Saturday and all) and suddenly: there was a mail from UCAS, saying my status has been updated. An offer from Glasgow. So this has actually led me to the conclusion that I think we (you and me both) who frequently check our mail to see if we get any information will no matter how often we check, be taken off-guard :wink:
Reply 398
Yer i know what you mean as i never expect it has updated but i still check, but i don't really care weather or not i get into bristol because St. Andrews is my first choice so waiting is just so hard.
Reply 399
Hey got an offer for International Relations and Economics today.
I'm so happy about it!:biggrin:
Didn't expect to hear back from them as everybody said that they are giving out decisions for Home and EU applicants very late.
Good luck with all your applications!

Latest

Trending

Trending