The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

john-milton
anyone heard for English?? St. Andrews is my top choice... but also kinda my long shot. i really want to get in... but being only a AAB student and St. Andrews being one of the best Unis in the country... i don't know how much of a chance i stand... :frown:

Not a peep yet :frown:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
yeah rejected for ir + history...my ps apparently did not show that I wanted to study the subject enough! A historian from Cambridge thought that it was good enough, but no, it is not enough. I'm seriously pissed now.
Reply 462
andyms
Oh excuse me. I just took as a reference your profile :smile:

I pardon myself...lol
albiesworld
yeah rejected for ir + history...my ps apparently did not show that I wanted to study the subject enough! A historian from Cambridge thought that it was good enough, but no, it is not enough. I'm seriously pissed now.

Aww, sorry to hear that :frown: Did you ask for the feedback?
I was rejected a couple of weeks ago and wanted to, but I doubt that they'll give a proper answer.
Reply 464
Sam Rawlings
Has anybody heard anything from the Psychology department?

They tend to be even later in January and into February..... I waited until March 31st :eek:
Reply 465
debrajane
Not a peep yet :frown:

I looked through last year's St Andrews applicants topic and found that last year the English offers weren't given out until March :frown:
albiesworld

Well, IR is very competitive at St Andrews, even more so then history. If your PS passed a historian, isn't it still very likely that you were rejected because it was not as solid for IR?
Michael91
I looked through last year's St Andrews applicants topic and found that last year the English offers weren't given out until March :frown:

:shifty:Whatt? Isn't that a cheery thought...
I haven't heard anything about my application yet but I was looking through the confirmation email and it said this:

As places for students are limited, the university does not make decisions on applications until we have confirmed tuition fee status, either Home/EU or Overseas/International. For EU applicants who have spent long periods living outside the EU and International applicants living within the EU we may contact you and ask for more details of your residence status. If you are unsure whether you are entitled to pay fees at the Home/EU rate, you can find guidance notes under ‘fees and funding’ on the UKCISA website http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/ and obtain a Fee Status Enquiry Form at http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/admissions/ug/Financialinformation/Feestatus/

Does that mean I have to do something before they can give me a result, or? I'm really nervous about doing/not doing something that will end up making my application unacceptable :P
Reply 469
hopeneverfades
I haven't heard anything about my application yet but I was looking through the confirmation email and it said this:

Does that mean I have to do something before they can give me a result, or? I'm really nervous about doing/not doing something that will end up making my application unacceptable :P

Telephone admissions on Monday and in the meantime read through www.saas.gov.uk
Reply 470
Michael91

Can you post a link to that thread? I can't seem to find it.
Reply 471
Rejected for International Relations.
Bleeehhh.

albiesworld
my ps apparently did not show that I wanted to study the subject enough! A historian from Cambridge thought that it was good enough, but no, it is not enough. I'm seriously pissed now.

Mine said exactly the same.
Reply 472
Mike_P
Bleeehhh.

Sorry to hear that:frown: . Did you receive the decision today or yesterday?
Didn't know that Universities are giving out decisions on weekends.
Good luck with your other choices!
Reply 473
Mike_P
Bleeehhh.

Mine said exactly the same.

i am rejected too.....and also for ppe at oxford:smile:
Reply 474
@fg08:
I was rejected yesterday.

My comiserations _denis_, I know how it feels. I might have to take a gap year or something. What are your other choices?
Reply 475
Unlucky on all the unsucessful applications :frown:
Jormungandr
Well, IR is very competitive at St Andrews, even more so then history. If your PS passed a historian, isn't it still very likely that you were rejected because it was not as solid for IR?

I really don't know. When I looked at it just now, I personally thought that it was pretty equal. If it is inadequate why am I alive at LSE? They are the school that cares the most about them.

W/e time to move on. At least I am still alive for history.
hopeneverfades

you've applied to 4 out of 5 of the same Unis as me for the same subject!! except i applied 4 ed. scottish lit. at dundee did u apply for 3 year or 4 year??
hopeneverfades

oh.... that only applies to you if you're

(a) foreign but live in the EU
(b) EU Citizen who has lived outside the EU

if you've lived in the UK for your whole life... then no need to worry :smile:
Reply 479
albiesworld
I really don't know. When I looked at it just now, I personally thought that it was pretty equal. If it is inadequate why am I alive at LSE? They are the school that cares the most about them.

W/e time to move on. At least I am still alive for history.

IR at St Andrews is so sought after you will probably find that is where your application fell down. Mind you with LSE still to decide you are not doing too bad! :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending