The Student Room Group

7 week fast track course mental health nursing pathway

Has anyone done the online interview for the 7 week fast track course? Any tips would be appreciated x
Reply 1
you can not become a nurse in 7 weeks. please show a link. this sounds very iffy. you cant do nursing on line. most conversion courses are 18 months
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
I didn’t say I would become a nurse in 7 weeks. You do the 7 week fast track course then go on to do the nursing degree at edge hill university. https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/fastrack-preparation-for-higher-education/tab/course-in-depth/
Reply 3
Bump
Original post by VadiMadi
Bump

Please don't revive old threads by bumping them. If you want to ask a question, then start a new thread in the correct forum.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
Please don't revive old threads by bumping them. If you want to ask a question, then start a new thread in the correct forum.

Well it's only two months old and my question is the same as this one, so bumping it is fine. Will also help the OP if someone replies
Original post by VadiMadi
Well it's only two months old and my question is the same as this one, so bumping it is fine. Will also help the OP if someone replies

Bumping old threads isn't fine, but as it's only 2 months you might get a response yet, so fair enough. :smile:
I did Fastrack for business. I’d imagine the format is the same though. The interviews are really relaxed. They will discuss your application but likely ask what your long term plan is, what your reasons for wanting to do Fastrack, what you hope to get out of it, what comittments you’ll have to manage whilst on the course and what you put in place to cope. Usual stuff. One point, the first week isn’t really on campus. Lots of forms online, you really only do 6 weeks of study.
Reply 8
Thanks They just accepted me without an interview and I start in JanI'd hope most of it isn't on campus to be honest. Makes my life easier What sort of things did they have you doing and how challenging was the course?
You have to be very very organised. If you inshinr squashing a foundation course into 6 weeks to give you an idea of how busy it is. You get out when you put in, some people didn’t do anything like what was needed and only just passed, they’re the ones I see struggling on degree already. Bit through lack of ability just because they aren’t fully committed to it.

Start working on essays as soon as you can, put all the deadlines in your calendar because they come round quickly. Week 4 and 5 are super busy with deadlines. Some were virtual but most were face to face but obviously they may change. It’s not easy but it is doable.

I promise though if you complete it the DASS Sessions (academic study skills) are priceless for a head start your degree.

The lecturers are all fab and the Fastrack office team are helpful answering endless questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending