The Student Room Group

A level English literature coursework

Hi,
For my English literature coursework I would like to do Wide Sargasso Sea and the topic I’d look into is how mental illness in women is seen
Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should do for my pre 1900 text? I was going to do Jane eyre but we’re not allowed to do that
Thank you :smile:
Hey,

I feel like for Wide Sargasso Sea, it's quite a complicated text in terms of the language and the in-depth analysis, From the top of my head maybe pre-read The Bell Jar, but even that the book in itself is a hard read and the language is very developed. I had to change my initial texts from The Bell Jar to another because of it. Although you don't have to compare it to a text, you can do a play, that's what our school specifically chose for it.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by holcupcake123
Hi,
For my English literature coursework I would like to do Wide Sargasso Sea and the topic I’d look into is how mental illness in women is seen
Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should do for my pre 1900 text? I was going to do Jane eyre but we’re not allowed to do that
Thank you :smile:

Not sure if this is viable, as it is very short, but perhaps 'The Yellow Wallpaper' (1892)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending