The Student Room Group

East Anglia Foundation School Advice

Hi, I'm graduating from med school this year and am thinking of applying to the East Anglia foundation school for FY1/FY1. Has anyone who has been there on placements/worked there got any advice? Recommendations or places to avoid?? Thanks!
Really rate the West Suffolk Hospital as a place to do your FY training. Small, friendly, supportive, you can live in Cambridge if you like and commute because the other year will likely be in Addenbrookes (also a great place to work), and they dish out loads of awards which are good to decorate your portfolio with - I've never seen that elsewhere, and it helps! I didn't do foundation in East Anglia but if I could go back in time I would have tried to get a West Suffolk/Addies combination FY job.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Really rate the West Suffolk Hospital as a place to do your FY training. Small, friendly, supportive, you can live in Cambridge if you like and commute because the other year will likely be in Addenbrookes (also a great place to work), and they dish out loads of awards which are good to decorate your portfolio with - I've never seen that elsewhere, and it helps! I didn't do foundation in East Anglia but if I could go back in time I would have tried to get a West Suffolk/Addies combination FY job.

Thank you so much, this is really useful to know!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending