The Student Room Group

Keele University A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Oli wells
Or he could be one of those who lie for know reason, search up keele r&r sheets and look at the criteria, I don't think observation and playing in a sports team even count as work experience 🤣🤣🤣

That’s actually snakey lol I’ll msg him for his r and r form if he has it
Original post by Leaf.
That’s actually snakey lol I’ll msg him for his r and r form if he has it

Have u applied yet g
Reply 42
Have u applied yet g

Nah still waiting on a reference and need to get personal statement done 😭😭😭
Reply 43
Just wondering whether my work experience would be enough to bag an interview at keel.

football ref since 2017.
work at zizzi
volunteered at a badminton place for 2 years roughly
shadow at GP surgery (ongoing)

Hey !
I think you should be good, they have aspects on responsibility which you can tick off with you ref, work and voulnteering - take your pick ! You can’t include shadowing work on your R + R form, it is also ideal if you are applying you have experience doing a 1:1 caring role for an individual !
Best of Luck
Original post by Tres04
Hey !
I think you should be good, they have aspects on responsibility which you can tick off with you ref, work and voulnteering - take your pick ! You can’t include shadowing work on your R + R form, it is also ideal if you are applying you have experience doing a 1:1 caring role for an individual !
Best of Luck

This is probably a stupid question but does being a telephone befriender count as caring for someone as you're caring for a person's mental health? I haven't done anything in relation to caring for an individual so Idk what else to write
Reply 45
Original post by mia.mgeorge
This is probably a stupid question but does being a telephone befriender count as caring for someone as you're caring for a person's mental health? I haven't done anything in relation to caring for an individual so Idk what else to write

Yes !! Due to COVID, they’re much more open to what counts as caring for an individual, as long as you’re able to explain the impact you’ve made on their life you should be fine :smile:
Original post by Tres04
Yes !! Due to COVID, they’re much more open to what counts as caring for an individual, as long as you’re able to explain the impact you’ve made on their life you should be fine :smile:

Thank youuuuuu! Also are you a med student at Keele?
How is everyone planning on practicing the maths section of the interview. I was having a look and there are ony 20 questions which Keele provide. Are there any other resources?
Hi everyone, I'm a first year medic at Keele, I started in September. If you have any questions about the application process or my time at Keele so far, let me know.
For the R&R form, what are they looking for? Is it better to have roles where you've committed a lot of time/ had a lot of work to do/ responsibilities or is it better to reflect really deeply on what you've gained from your roles?
Reply 50
Original post by IJaguar
For the R&R form, what are they looking for? Is it better to have roles where you've committed a lot of time/ had a lot of work to do/ responsibilities or is it better to reflect really deeply on what you've gained from your roles?

Defo how you can reflect on your roles. I don't think they put a lot of weighting on the time you did it for, and they'll probs be more lenient because of the pandemic too so I wouldn't worry too much about that :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by glabib
Defo how you can reflect on your roles. I don't think they put a lot of weighting on the time you did it for, and they'll probs be more lenient because of the pandemic too so I wouldn't worry too much about that :smile:

Thank you! Is it fine to not have any examples of impacting someone's life 1 to 1? And do you have any tips please?
Reply 52
Original post by IJaguar
Thank you! Is it fine to not have any examples of impacting someone's life 1 to 1? And do you have any tips please?

I think that's one of the sections for the form so you will probably need an example there :frown: is there anything you could have done to help/provide care for someone? It could be anything like tutoring/mentoring, guiding someone around school (year 7 buddying) or training someone in sport/music/theatre/art?
Well my number 1 tip is to obvs reflect on what you gained from the role! But I can't really give you actual tips as everyone's roles will be different :smile:
Feel free to pm me to discuss it!
Reply 53
Hi, I last minute changed my mind from KMMS to Keele so have applied there today. I forgot to check beforehand if you can apply to them if you're a reapplicant who didn't apply the first time and it doesn't state clearly on the website, I was wondering if anyone knew?

Many thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by an4nya
Hi, I last minute changed my mind from KMMS to Keele so have applied there today. I forgot to check beforehand if you can apply to them if you're a reapplicant who didn't apply the first time and it doesn't state clearly on the website, I was wondering if anyone knew?

Many thanks in advance :smile:

I would assume it's OK, it's basically only QUB that have that rule, but always best to get in touch with them and check :smile:
Reply 55
Anyone received the R&R form yet?
Reply 56
Original post by SamJ15
Anyone received the R
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 57
When is deadline for R and R form to be filled in?
Original post by SamJ15
Anyone received the R&R form yet?

No. Have you?
Have ppl started receiving RnR forms?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending