The Student Room Group

“This is a dream that I’ve had since lunch and I’m not giving it up now.” - GYG 21-22

Grow Your Grades 2021!
Welcome to my Year 12 blog for the 2021-22 academic year!
Anyone recognise the quote in my blog title? It's by Scranton's favourite manager :u:

A little bit about me - this is my first GYG blog as I wasn't very active on TSR in past years but I've really been getting into it recently over the holidays as I am clearly quite indecisive (hence the blog title) and need a lot of guidance:K:and helping others too!

Anyway, I'm making this blog mostly to motivate myself to get into a regular study routine (rather than sporadically study when the mood strikes me - or worse still, the day before an exam!), and to continue writing in my spare time, as my A-Level choices don't require me to write extensively and I enjoyed it at GCSE (as you will soon see!).

Despite being really pleased with my GCSE grades, I will admit to being quite nervous about the step-up to A-Level so I am trying to get into good habits early so I don't get overwhelmed during exam weeks (my college does exams quite regularly).

But, enough about that - here are my Facts and Stats!

GCSEs

Spoiler

A-Levels

Spoiler

Uni Courses I'm Considering

Spoiler

My Goals

Spoiler

following
Ooh good luck for this year! :grin:
Reply 3
Hey everyone! I thought I'd update with my plan for the week today as it's going to be pretty busy! I'll also include my organisational system for this year (if it sticks!).

Starting from the beginning: My first day of college was last Monday but we didn't really have any proper lessons as it was more an induction day, talking about the big jump up, all our new responsibilities, etc. Then the day after, we started having our proper A-Level lessons which were fine...:K: maybe the less said about maths the better, but I do have to remember that it will get easier with time and as I get used to the A-Level format - I worked really really hard for maths at GCSE and to be honest I was surprised my assessments went as well as they did! At least I have a good idea already of where to prioritise my revision, and my teacher has said already that she will be regularly checking our revision notes so that should hopefully force me to quit my procrastination habit :rolleyes:

We were also told about the school Rotary club, which for those of you who don't know is an organisation which organises charity events for international causes while raising awareness of different cultures. Anyone in the school can join, but there are 3 positions of responsibility for Year 12s: Head, Deputy Head, and Financial Manager. I've put myself down for Financial Manager, as hopefully if I get it then it will help me know whether I want to commit to an economics degree/career in finance :colonhash:

I've also put my name down for House Captain, where I would basically organise all the inter-house competitions across the school and whichever gets the most merit points in the year wins a trophy on the last day of school! I have a speech to give in front of my house on Tuesday, after which they will vote which candidate they want to lead them.

I'm using the Shovel study planner to organise my homework as it allows you to plan when you're going to do your homework and for how long and it also syncs with Google Classroom which is where all my teachers set homework. I am taking a day folder to college every day which has all the papers I need for the current class topics, then I can sort thing into my ring binders when I get home. This is the simplest system I could think of, so hopefully that should make it easier to stick with!

We didn't get much homework last week - only 3 of my 5 subjects gave any, and even then they were very short. After chatting with the current Year 13s in my college I'm expecting the workload to ramp up very suddenly, so I may not be posting again until next Saturday. I've been looking on other GYG blogs and I am really loving the community! Everyone is so friendly to each other and it feels like a great place to tell people about all the stresses of life!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending