The Student Room Group

Office 365?

Which one do I buy to last me the duration of my time at university?
Home and business? So confused
Hey!

I’m not sure if you’re aware but once you get your .ac.uk email address from university, use this to sign into office 365 online and you can download the whole Microsoft package for free. You will be able to do this for as long as you have an academic email address. I’ve had access to office for the past 5 years whilst studying for free and never had to buy it.

Hope that helps?
Original post by Anonymous
Which one do I buy to last me the duration of my time at university?
Home and business? So confused

Hello,

I would check that your university does not offer this before you purchase anything. My uni gives us all access to office online which we can use on any device and all applications. We also get our own one drive which is backed up on multiple servers when using office online.

Can you get in contact with support? You don't want to spend unnecessary money!

Lydia :smile:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/education/products/office

Here’s the link to check if your eligible for a free download, just put your uni email address in
Reply 4
Original post by JasmineAcademic
Hey!

I’m not sure if you’re aware but once you get your .ac.uk email address from university, use this to sign into office 365 online and you can download the whole Microsoft package for free. You will be able to do this for as long as you have an academic email address. I’ve had access to office for the past 5 years whilst studying for free and never had to buy it.

Hope that helps?

Thanks! I thought it would expire after 1 year so I’ll download office 365 from my university email :biggrin:

Original post by Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Hello,

I would check that your university does not offer this before you purchase anything. My uni gives us all access to office online which we can use on any device and all applications. We also get our own one drive which is backed up on multiple servers when using office online.

Can you get in contact with support? You don't want to spend unnecessary money!

Lydia :smile:

Thanks my university has a 1tb storage on onedrive but I didn’t know I could download this onto my laptop!
thanks both :tongue:
Reply 5
Another question
If I download office 365 through my university email can I save my work on my computer or wil it automatically be saved to onedrive?
Original post by Anonymous
Another question
If I download office 365 through my university email can I save my work on my computer or wil it automatically be saved to onedrive?

Hey,

It will give you the option of where you want to save it, including your university drive. I just save it as you normally would to my desktop and I’ve never had any issues.
Reply 7
Original post by JasmineAcademic
Hey,

It will give you the option of where you want to save it, including your university drive. I just save it as you normally would to my desktop and I’ve never had any issues.

Thank you for your help!!!!!
I’ve downloaded it on my laptop, thanks for saving me £100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending