The Student Room Group

Can you tell me a bit about psychology or philosophy and english lit a level?

What grades do you need to do both these subjects?
Is there a lot of debating? I have social anxiety, is it difficult?
Does it include science? Im not very good at science and I find it hard.
Is it generally hard subjects? Idk cos i hear that when u hear about these subjects its so appealing and then you do it and people regret it because its so hard and the opposite of what they thought it would be?
Would Rs be worth swapping it with one of these subjects?
What i plan on picking:
English Lit
Pscyh
Philosophy.

I might swap one of these out with Rs because Its an easier subject, but i don't very much like it. How is Rs as an a level? Or maybe History/Politics but ik i would fail so bad even though I've got good, ive heard its a lot of content and i would struggle. How r these subjects too?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Would highly recommend English Lit. For me, it involves a good deal of debating, really in-depth analysis of a good variety of novels and poems, and a certain level of academic autonomy, particularly when approaching the coursework section. If you don't mind regular reading and essay-writing, it's definitely a good choice to make. It's also considered a facilitating subject and therefore makes your uni application look a little stronger in the long run.
ASk relevant tteachers of you can have a look at the r=text books for each subject - this will give you an idea about what each subject includes and the difference between GCSE and A level study.
I do psychology and english lit currently, I like both of them. English lit is my favourite subject it can be a bit tricky but it's worth it. I havent had any debates but I have had to do presentations with a group in front of a class. Psychology has a lot of content so you do have to keep on top of stuff. What do you want to do in the future?

Quick Reply

Latest