The Student Room Group

should I ask her to go out with me?

should I ask a girl I she wants to do something at the weekend with me? we're at the same school and have been texting occasioanly for a while but never had any long conversations. I don't want to ask her and for her to say no cause things might get a bit awkward with us, and I'm not sure how much she likes me. I've also never been out with a girl before so am sort of scared.

so should I ask her and if so what should I suggest we do and any tips on how to be less nervous??

also we're in yr13 so I'm not sure if she'll say she wants to revise or something? I need to as well but also really want to go out with her cause she's a lovely person.

ps. it is just as friends. I'm not sure if I have a crush on her but for now I just want to be her friend
Reply 1
"Hey wanna meet up so we have a bit more time to talk?"
"I mean... sure why not? When tho?"
"Maybe next Sunday?"
"I cant - i am doing sth else.."
"What day are you free then?"
"I have a busy week"
"Ok just message me when you are going to have more time "
"I dont have your phone number"
*proceed to exchange contact info*

Do it like with with any other friend. Dont make too big deal out of it. Just meet up and focus on whatever you are doing/talking about and both of you having fun. Do not approach it like you have got to impress her with 10 diffrent activities 3 interesting places and 20 conversation topics to choose from. All you have to do is try to have fun. The same goes for her. If you dont know what to talk about dont pressure yourself to talk - you will be self-cautious feel awkward and stressed. People can be silent from time to time if you dont make a big deal out of it. Good luck
Reply 2
Ohh and yeah if you like her she is probably not a horrible person to judge you too much. Go anywhere you like. I dont have a bf but i have been on dates and most of them were just walking around and talking or sitting at a cafe. You dont need to be fancy to have a great time. If you are concerned about something you do imagine how you would react if a girl did it and you were the other person. I am sure you are going to realize there is much less judgement going on around how well you do certain things
Reply 3
Original post by Elize W
Ohh and yeah if you like her she is probably not a horrible person to judge you too much. Go anywhere you like. I dont have a bf but i have been on dates and most of them were just walking around and talking or sitting at a cafe. You dont need to be fancy to have a great time. If you are concerned about something you do imagine how you would react if a girl did it and you were the other person. I am sure you are going to realize there is much less judgement going on around how well you do certain things

this makes me feel so much better so thank you for your help. now i just need to actually ask her but i'm so nervous about it and don't really know why ha ha!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
this makes me feel so much better so thank you for your help. now i just need to actually ask her but i'm so nervous about it and don't really know why ha ha!

It is not a bad thing :smile:
Reminded me of this quote: “It's not a case of getting rid of the butterflies, it's a question of getting them to fly in formation.”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending