The Student Room Group

oriel applications question

Hi all,

On oriel speciality applications for august 2022, it states ''do you wish to apply for a deferred start date''?

if I answer yes, and get an offer, will I have to make the start date deferred ie start in August 2023, can I later on choose to start early and not have a deferred start? the reason why I'm asking is because I haven't decided yet and want to keep my options open

secondly, If I have a question with regards to the Oriel applications, does ORIEL have a contact email address? haven't been able to find any and don't know whom else to contact.
1) As far as I’ve been told/ ASFAIK, once you complete the application form and send it, your answers are final and it can’t be amended, therefore if you apply for deferred entry, you will have to take deferred entry.

2) Yes there is a method of contact, although not an email. It’s an online message system. I believe the web link is in the applicant handbook. I used it myself so it definitely exists.
Reply 2
Original post by Mesopotamian.
1) As far as I’ve been told/ ASFAIK, once you complete the application form and send it, your answers are final and it can’t be amended, therefore if you apply for deferred entry, you will have to take deferred entry.

2) Yes there is a method of contact, although not an email. It’s an online message system. I believe the web link is in the applicant handbook. I used it myself so it definitely exists.

Okay! thank you so much for your help!!
another question I had was about the references. do all three of them have to be my formal clinical/educational supervisors? or can one of the 3 be a consultant I have worked with on the ward?

''You must provide contact details, including e-mail addresses, of three referees who have supervised your clinical training during the last two years of your employment or undergraduate training. One referee must be your current or most recent consultant or educational supervisor familiar with your clinical development.''
Original post by Anonymous
Okay! thank you so much for your help!!
another question I had was about the references. do all three of them have to be my formal clinical/educational supervisors? or can one of the 3 be a consultant I have worked with on the ward?

''You must provide contact details, including e-mail addresses, of three referees who have supervised your clinical training during the last two years of your employment or undergraduate training. One referee must be your current or most recent consultant or educational supervisor familiar with your clinical development.''

I would ask on the messaging portal about this or whoever is in charge of FY applications at your school. We also need to provide a referee, but we aren’t required to do this until towards the end of the recruitment stage (I.e. we don’t need to send on details at the point of application). However I’m applying for something else on Oriel, not FY1 so that’s why I’d advise you to ask, in case it’s slightly different.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I would ask on the messaging portal about this or whoever is in charge of FY applications at your school. We also need to provide a referee, but we aren’t required to do this until towards the end of the recruitment stage (I.e. we don’t need to send on details at the point of application). However I’m applying for something else on Oriel, not FY1 so that’s why I’d advise you to ask, in case it’s slightly different.

Hi, sorry if I have not made it clear, Im not a student, I'm applying for speciality applications (GP training)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, sorry if I have not made it clear, Im not a student, I'm applying for speciality applications (GP training)

I think the same applies to all oriel applications, I’m not applying to FY either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending