The Student Room Group

finding a part time job

I just started yr 12 and am looking for a part time job as my mum can’t afford to give me any sort of allowance, but I’m finding it very difficult to find job vacancies.

The few times I do get vacancies I either get put on a “waiting list” after the interview or just get declined after the interview.

Does anyone have any tips for finding part time vacancies (for a 16 y/o) and also actually getting the job after that?
have you tried prostitution?

Original post by renosiie
I just started yr 12 and am looking for a part time job as my mum can’t afford to give me any sort of allowance, but I’m finding it very difficult to find job vacancies.

The few times I do get vacancies I either get put on a “waiting list” after the interview or just get declined after the interview.

Does anyone have any tips for finding part time vacancies (for a 16 y/o) and also actually getting the job after that?

hi,
you could try and look at McDonald’s because they most of the time do have people to hire and join. but all i can say is keep searching and applying, i spent all of year 12 finding jobs but didnt get into any :frown: but maccies was my last option and i got in
good luck though :smile:
Original post by miakadyan
have you tried prostitution?

i’m a child you absolute disgusting piece of work
Original post by renosiie

create an account on indeed sometimes they have some good jobs available on there
Original post by thedigitalnerd
How good are your drawing/writing skills?

The drawing part should be quite straightforward, getting commissions on sites like Fiverr, Reddit, and etc is a great (but not steady) form of income.

Writing on the other hand though (pun intended, lmao) has tons of opportunities. You just need to pick a very specific niche to write for. I did this on the side while I was studying programming and coding. Mind you, I was a freshman in college taking up a computer degree, but I was writing business contracts (really good niche btw, plus you can automate it now) which was really just me making most of my unfair advantage (my 2 uncles are business lawyers).

Ignore the prostitution comment, some people are just sickos hiding behind laptop screens lol.

i’m no good at drawing but I’ll check out what I can do with writing!

Tysm :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending