The Student Room Group

A Levels

Alright, guys, so for my A-Levels, I picked Biology, chemistry, computer science and French. However, I’m not sure which one to drop. I really enjoy computer science, biology and french. However, I’m really struggling at chemistry and considering dropping it. But, I don’t know whether I should could someone please help me?
Reply 1
do you see yourself pursuing chemistry further? like at uni level?
well you already want to drop chem, so drop it. it'll only get harder from here. unless you need it for uni then theres no point doing it
Reply 3
if you don't enjoy the subject you aren't likely to want to put more effort into studying it which will impair your results. drop chem in this case. if you want to go into medicine or some other course that requires chem then ask yourself how much you're willing to compromise for that course, in other words are you going to push through chem for that?
Reply 4
No,
But like everyone’s been telling me that if you want to do biology, you might as well do chemistry. But like I’m thinking are there lots of career options with just biology, not chem
Original post by susu778
do you see yourself pursuing chemistry further? like at uni level?
Reply 5
drop it, there’s no point going through it if you can’t see yourself taking it further :smile:
Original post by supman12345
No,
But like everyone’s been telling me that if you want to do biology, you might as well do chemistry. But like I’m thinking are there lots of career options with just biology, not chem

Unless you want to pursue medicine, there are plenty of opportunities at uni involving just biology! If you find chemistry difficult and dislike it, I'd suggest dropping it. It'll just get harder and less enjoyable for you. Your other subjects sound like a lot of fun though, so I would say it's not worth the pain of doing chem :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Calliope5Chalice
Unless you want to pursue medicine, there are plenty of opportunities at uni involving just biology! If you find chemistry difficult and dislike it, I'd suggest dropping it. It'll just get harder and less enjoyable for you. Your other subjects sound like a lot of fun though, so I would say it's not worth the pain of doing chem :smile:

Thank you!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest