The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Fashion Communication

I am currently on my gap year and looking to reapply for a Fashion Communication/Fashion Journalism course at London (CSM, Conde Nast, London College of Fashion) Do I need a portfolio for these courses? What are these courses like? Thanks
Original post by millie8808803
I am currently on my gap year and looking to reapply for a Fashion Communication/Fashion Journalism course at London (CSM, Conde Nast, London College of Fashion) Do I need a portfolio for these courses? What are these courses like? Thanks

HI there,

Great to hear you're interested in some of the courses on offer at the University of the Arts London.

For Fashion Communication and Promotion at CSM you will need a portfolio .
For Fashion Journalism at CSM you will need examples of your written work
For Fashion Journalism and Content Creation at LCF if you are selected after submitting your personal statement, references and application form you will be asked to write a 500 word piece of writing.

You can check out all the Fashion Communication related undergraduate course at UAL through this link here.

If you have anymore questions about studying at UAL or being a student in London etc. please do not hesitate to ask.

All the best,

Tegan :smile:
UAL Student Rep
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
HI there,

Great to hear you're interested in some of the courses on offer at the University of the Arts London.

For Fashion Communication and Promotion at CSM you will need a portfolio .
For Fashion Journalism at CSM you will need examples of your written work
For Fashion Journalism and Content Creation at LCF if you are selected after submitting your personal statement, references and application form you will be asked to write a 500 word piece of writing.

You can check out all the Fashion Communication related undergraduate course at UAL through this link here.

If you have anymore questions about studying at UAL or being a student in London etc. please do not hesitate to ask.

All the best,

UAL Student Rep

Thank you so much that is very helpful. Do people tend to write the 500 piece of writing for LCF before they are selected by the course or is there enough time to write a piece afterwards? Also does LCF offer open days? Cant find any for the course online. Thanks
Thank you so much that is very helpful. Do people tend to write the 500 piece of writing for LCF before they are selected by the course or is there enough time to write a piece afterwards? Also does LCF offer open days? Cant find any for the course online. Thanks

Hi there,

They will give you enough time to prepare the piece of writing after you have progressed through the first stages of the application process. That being said the topic is already available online so you could make a start or start thinking about it now if you wanted to. They would like you to respond to the following question: 'What do you think are the most important fashion media today and why?'

I believe the undergraduate open days have just happened so you may have missed them but there will be other ways of visiting the campus and hearing about the course. I recommend you register your interest here and then you will be kept up to date with events and open days at the college or online.

Kindest,

UAL Student Rep
you need a foundation for fashion communication
Really?? For LCF there requirements are: One or a combination of the following accepted full level 3 qualifications.A Level Passes at Grade C or above to total a minimum 112 new UCAS tariff points (preferred subjects include, Business Studies, Economics, Fashion Studies, Information Technology, English, Languages, Media Studies and Psychology);Distinction at Foundation Diploma in Art and Design;It only says you need one of those?
Really?? For LCF there requirements are: One or a combination of the following accepted full level 3 qualifications.A Level Passes at Grade C or above to total a minimum 112 new UCAS tariff points (preferred subjects include, Business Studies, Economics, Fashion Studies, Information Technology, English, Languages, Media Studies and Psychology);Distinction at Foundation Diploma in Art and Design;It only says you need one of those?

Hi @millie8808803,

For the Fashion Comms course at CSM a foundation is preferable but as you have said above it is not necessary for the LCF course so don't worry!

Hope that reassures you and as always do not hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions.

Kindest,

UAL Student Rep

LCF fashion comms course is awful, no point studying at LCF if you actually wanna go anywhere in life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending