The Student Room Group

Student nightlife: Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Teeesside

Obviously the most important thing about University isn’t the night life but if you’re there for 3 years I’d want there to be something.

Bit of background: I’m from Sheffield, I mainly listen to house, techno and dnb. The uni’s I’ve applied for are Bradford, Leeds, Teesside, Huddersfield and Sheff Hallam.

Just wondered from current students or people local to these areas what is the nightlife like, are there any local places around that have events or clubs with this kind of vibe??

Cheers,
Original post by Bencutts
Obviously the most important thing about University isn’t the night life but if you’re there for 3 years I’d want there to be something.

Bit of background: I’m from Sheffield, I mainly listen to house, techno and dnb. The uni’s I’ve applied for are Bradford, Leeds, Teesside, Huddersfield and Sheff Hallam.

Just wondered from current students or people local to these areas what is the nightlife like, are there any local places around that have events or clubs with this kind of vibe??

Cheers,

Well I'm from Huddersfield myself although in University down south haha but Huddersfield isn't too bad for pubs and stuff but generally it is a bit of a dump. Sorry Huddersfield. Leeds is big and yes I suppose night life there is wild. But big city. Don't know what would happen on a night out as rival unis there. Sheff hallam well i didn't go there because i didn't feel safe but hey thats just me. Teesside is a nice place but ive heard bad things about the nights there but I don't know really. Bradford is ok i mean a very nice city don't know about the university though. Hopefully this hasn't put you off too much. If i were you id choose probably teesside although I don't know which uni in leeds you've applied for. Trinity is out of leeds cuty Centre and looks alright as its small. But hey thats only my opinion.
Reply 2
Original post by Kentinho99
Well I'm from Huddersfield myself although in University down south haha but Huddersfield isn't too bad for pubs and stuff but generally it is a bit of a dump. Sorry Huddersfield. Leeds is big and yes I suppose night life there is wild. But big city. Don't know what would happen on a night out as rival unis there. Sheff hallam well i didn't go there because i didn't feel safe but hey thats just me. Teesside is a nice place but ive heard bad things about the nights there but I don't know really. Bradford is ok i mean a very nice city don't know about the university though. Hopefully this hasn't put you off too much. If i were you id choose probably teesside although I don't know which uni in leeds you've applied for. Trinity is out of leeds cuty Centre and looks alright as its small. But hey thats only my opinion.

Thank you!! I’ve been to Huddersfield for uni parties but never been out as all there really is is camel and five which just don’t grab my attention too much, it’s Leeds beckett that I’ve applied for but atm I’m seriously considering Teesside and Bradford as my first and insurance choice
Thank you!! I’ve been to Huddersfield for uni parties but never been out as all there really is is camel and five which just don’t grab my attention too much, it’s Leeds beckett that I’ve applied for but atm I’m seriously considering Teesside and Bradford as my first and insurance choice

Ah right fair enough i mean leeds beckett is in the centre so night life clashes with uni of Leeds and believe me when people from rival unis meet there is trouble. The rivalry between marjon University my uni and Plymouth University is really really intense. Can be serious trouble. Huddersfield is ok but again I'm from Huddersfield and i movwd away because it wasnt for me. If i were you I'd go for teesside. Try and get on campus accommodation because if you're not on campus its hard to get to the uni. It does cost a bit more in terms of rent though. I don't know about Bradford uni though.

Cheers,

I don’t think Bradford uni will be good for night life. I live there myself and it is mainly an Asian muslim population. Some do drink/ go out however I didn’t really know they’re are nightclubs in Bradford lol. I suppose it’s short journey away from Leeds. If the main thing u want is nightlife pick leeds or Sheffield Hallam.
@Bencutts Sheffield has a thriving Nightlife. At freebie fairs and other fairs during the welcome week you will get many discounts, and a lot of vouchers for free or cheap club entry as well as free/discounted drinks! Leadmill is my favourite club to go to, I love their silent discos! And West Street is also a popular nightlife location. There are lots of different clubs depending on the vibe you want to go for, along with things like pub quizzes and Sheffield Hallam union also hosts nightlife parties at the hubs (or at least they did before Covid).
- Rosie

Submit reply

Cheers,
BRADFORD has been chosen as the greatest city in the UK for a cheap night out. However, with new bars and restaurants springing up all over town, there are plenty of options for a fun night out without going broke.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending