The Student Room Group

What is the best healthcare career in order

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ibs223
Is there anyway i can connect with your friend to ask for some advice?

He won't be happy if I give out his details and he's incredibly busy all the time
idk what else he can tell you other than to start getting some coding experience and begin working on small projects like coding an app or a game etc and then building on your skills, there's many free courses out there
that's how he started before choosing engineering for uni (and then massively flunking it, although he hated the course itself and the syllabus)
Reply 41
Original post by asclepeion
He won't be happy if I give out his details and he's incredibly busy all the time
idk what else he can tell you other than to start getting some coding experience and begin working on small projects like coding an app or a game etc and then building on your skills, there's many free courses out there
that's how he started before choosing engineering for uni (and then massively flunking it, although he hated the course itself and the syllabus)

Idk how I can sell myself well on a cv, if the only experience I have is me teaching my self how to code, unless I gain valuable internships of course
Reply 42
Original post by Ibs223
Idk how I can sell myself well on a cv, if the only experience I have is me teaching my self how to code, unless I gain valuable internships of course

Internships now require some level of experience annoyingly
So you would need to start somewhere to even get the internships
Reply 43
Internships now require some level of experience annoyingly
So you would need to start somewhere to even get the internships

How would I gain experience for an internship, if the internship itself is the experience ???
Reply 44
Original post by Ibs223
How would I gain experience for an internship, if the internship itself is the experience ???

Learn to code as previously suggested, not all internships require prior experience but there are a number of internships which pick candidates based on previous experience/knowledge of the field
It really would just be quicker for you to do your own research by googling, I don't work in this field or plan to join it
Reply 45
Learn to code as previously suggested, not all internships require prior experience but there are a number of internships which pick candidates based on previous experience/knowledge of the field
It really would just be quicker for you to do your own research by googling, I don't work in this field or plan to join it

Okay thank you for your help
Original post by Ibs223
so for someone who already has a healthcare related degree that prioritises money, what alternative path would you recommend, Going back to university to study economics would not be realistic for me as i will not receive any tuition fee loans

but going back to uni to study mostly 5 year 6 year courses would be realistic?? I’d recommend applying for a nhs graduate scheme programme and try work your way up…
Reply 47
Original post by ashvinsingh
but going back to uni to study mostly 5 year 6 year courses would be realistic?? I’d recommend applying for a nhs graduate scheme programme and try work your way up…

As I’ve mentioned my main concern was to go with tuition fees, most of the courses can be funded with masters loans or are an exception for funding as a second degree(GEM, although is competitive)
Nursing is the best profession. We are the reason NHS hospitals are covered in passive aggressive notices.
Nursing working on wards. Job satisfactory.

As #52 said it best profession.
Just go into a field that provides a constant service that you can privately control. Any field. Even house cleaning, if you have a vast or loyal clientele of people to pay you independently to clean, that is.
Stressing about a degree for a paycheck is ridiculous. If it's that hard for you to figure out, then just say to hell with it and start a licensed business that provides a necessary, highly demanded service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending