Will letter get posted without stamp and return ADRESS

Watch
Sohello
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Title
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sohello)
Title
Do you mean will they deliver it? The person you've sent it to will have to pay the postage plus an additional fee.
Last edited by Muttley79; 1 month ago
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
Do you mean will they deliver it? The person you've sent it to will have to pay the postage plus an additional fee.
Oh shoot
Sohello
Rep:
Oh shoot
How do I undo it? Do I send royalmail an email or something
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How do I undo it? Do I send royalmail an email or something
You can't, (unless you handed it in at a post office and are lucky enough that it hasn't gone out yet). You'll have to wait for them to process it and drop the recipient a card asking for missing postage.
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
You can't, (unless you handed it in at a post office and are lucky enough that it hasn't gone out yet). You'll have to wait for them to process it and drop the recipient a card asking for missing postage.
Ughh im such an idiot!! I was very emotional when I wrote it and Ive posted it to an ex friend and its just so embarrassing and shes gonna get soo mad now esp if she has to pay a fee bc of me fs
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ughh im such an idiot!! I was very emotional when I wrote it and Ive posted it to an ex friend and its just so embarrassing and shes gonna get soo mad now esp if she has to pay a fee bc of me fs
Could drop them a text or email to let them know it's coming and to apologise.
Sohello
Rep:
Could drop them a text or email to let them know it's coming and to apologise.
She ended our friendship recently and is still mad at me
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Title
Return address - Yes.

Stamp - No.
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by Thisismyunitsr)
Return address - Yes.

Stamp - No.
So theyre not gonna deliver it??
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
She ended our friendship recently and is still mad at me
It’s not a very sincere apology if you make them pay for postage.
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
It’s not a very sincere apology if you make them pay for postage.
Ahahahahha it wasnt even an apology
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ahahahahha it wasnt even an apology
You wrote a letter to someone who is mad at you and didn’t include an apology?
Sohello
Rep:
You wrote a letter to someone who is mad at you and didn’t include an apology?
Ive already apologised Loads and tried sorting it but she doesn’t want to, but she told some girl something that I had only told her so i got really angry and just sad and wrote a letter, I wasn’t meant to send it her , it was just in the heat of the moment
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ive already apologised Loads and tried sorting it but she doesn’t want to, but she told some girl something that I had only told her so i got really angry and just sad and wrote a letter, I wasn’t meant to send it her , it was just in the heat of the moment
Well, fingers crossed your ex-friend doesn’t pay the fee to receive the letter.
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There's no need for a return address but without a stamp they will probably put a card through her door saying there's a letter to collect at the sorting office with a fee to pay of the cost of a stamp + an admin fee (about £1 last time it happened to me a few years ago). If you tell her she can just not bother to collect it and so avoid paying the fee.
Sohello
Rep:
Well, fingers crossed your ex-friend doesn’t pay the fee to receive the letter.
Ahhhh hopefully she doesn’t
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by EOData)
There's no need for a return address but without a stamp they will probably put a card through her door saying there's a letter to collect at the sorting office with a fee to pay of the cost of a stamp + an admin fee (about £1 last time it happened to me a few years ago). If you tell her she can just not bother to collect it and so avoid paying the fee.
Omgg ahhhhh Idk i just hope she ignores it
Thisismyunitsr
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They won’t deliver it if you don’t have a stamp. They will deliver it if you don’t have a return address
Last edited by Thisismyunitsr; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads