The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Can you still be rejected from imperial computing despite meeting the A level req?

Imperial computing applications : admissions ratio is 20 : 1. I thought meeting the minimum A level entry requirements for computing would be enough but with such a competitive ratio I’m starting to think there’s no point in applying. Has anyone been rejected from imperial computing despite meeting the A level requirements. I am considering this as I wouldn’t be a competitive candidate as I do have the required A*A*A in a level however I got B & C’s in GCSE therefore what’s the point in me applying now.
Reply 1
Yes, of course. You can exceed them and still be rejected.

The offer process is fairly holistic. A strong personal statement and pre admissions test score may subsidise lower than average GCSE grades. Don’t look into the admissions ratio too much, the offer rate is actually quite a bit higher. Also bear in mind some of these applicants don’t have required a-levels and/or don’t take FM.
(edited 2 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
If you want to do the course then apply. Since you have the minimum requirements, you have a chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending