The Student Room Group

NEA Alevel History Coursework

Hi i have my coursework due soon but due to covid disruptions and mock assessments becoming more frequently I haven't had much time to sort my alevel history coursework out. My exam board is AQA and my question is: the first world war was the main reason as to why the british empire declined in the years 1858-1965. If anyone could help me with how to devise an essay plan and whether i should structure it chronologically or by factors would be greatly appreciated
Both are okay, but I would personally structure it based on factors as opposed to chronologically. With chronological you run the risk of falling into a more story telling pace as opposed to arguing the parameters of your question. So it could be helpful to outline factors caused by / as a result of WWI, then throughout the essay link back to how they lead to the decline of the British empire in 1858-1965. You could also arrange the factors chronologically in the essay if you're more comfortable with that.

If you're still torn, it couldn't hurt to draft two essay plans (one for chronological and another for factors) and see which one you feel more confident with.

Good Luck :smile:
I agree with the above, with the caveat that within each factor there is a clear chronological division between before and after WW1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending