The Student Room Group

A Level History NEA help

Hi, I'm doing civil rights for my NEA coursework and am doing the question 'How far do you agree with the view that the key factor in bringing about change in the status of Black people in the USA was the role of the federal government over the period 1865-1969?'. I am fine with the actual information but I can not find two historian interpretations anywhere, I've tried Jstor and Google and with no luck. I was wondering how anyone else who did/is doing their NEA found two different historians?
Hi,

I did my NEA last year on a different topic but I found that first finding 2 historians about the topic helpful. Find out about the background, political ideology and school of thought of each one and pick the 2 that contrast so that you can evaluate well in your essay. Then try to find a copy of their books (I used Z-library but now that's gone :frown:) and find chapters that correlate, then pick a paragraph to use as your interpretation.

Good luck with your coursework!
Original post by browzee
Hi, I'm doing civil rights for my NEA coursework and am doing the question 'How far do you agree with the view that the key factor in bringing about change in the status of Black people in the USA was the role of the federal government over the period 1865-1969?'. I am fine with the actual information but I can not find two historian interpretations anywhere, I've tried Jstor and Google and with no luck. I was wondering how anyone else who did/is doing their NEA found two different historians?

Hi, I'm doing a very similar question. Mine is “How far do you agree that Individual Supreme court cases contributed the most to the development of civil rights for black Americans between 1863 and 1968?" I was wondering if you've found any historians yet as I'm also really struggling to find some. I have a few ideas on who to use but none of them seems to have many works written that directly relate to my question.
Reply 3
what are the grade boundaries like?

Quick Reply

Latest