The Student Room Group

what can I do with these alevels??

I'm interested in taking Maths, Further maths, history and classical civilisations at A-level and then something to do with maths at university.

I've looked at different degrees but am not sure which one I want to go for yet. Does anyone have any ideas for degrees and what they might be like? Also, if there are any maths based career ideas in mind that maybe I could look into?

Thank you for any help!
Reply 1
to be honest you can do almost anything with those subjects. sorry if it's not too helpful but you have such a great range of choice.
Hi, I do maths at University of Nottingham! Here there are many options for maths degrees including financial mathematics, maths and economics, statistics etc. However, I chose straight BSc Mathematics because at UoN you can do 20 credits (1 or 2 modules) in 2nd and 3rd year in a different school in the university (so i have done a psychology module and an education/teaching module). This is such a good opportunity to study something else you enjoy/are passionate about without having to look for a specific joint honors degree or try something new!

Quick Reply

Latest