The Student Room Group

Northern Ireland Social work application 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oohhnoo
Hi, I was asked to do two interviews, one for ulster and a separate one for Queens despite filling in the consent form that they could both use the same interview, so maybe the same thing is happening to your friend?

And did they say why?
Original post by DearMissJo
It’s not allowing me to private mail yet.

Has anyone been asked to do a further SW interview? Another person in my class did the modern hire interview the batch before mine and he has now been asked to complete another interview

No haven't been asked to do another. Maybe they couldn't view it or something. You would think they would explain why though. It was bad enough doing one.
Original post by l_leonard8
And did they say why?

There was a mix up and queen's never received the consent form so assumed I wanted to do separate interviews. By the time I realised it was too late to sort it..
That's very unusual having to do two
Original post by oohhnoo
Hi, I was asked to do two interviews, one for ulster and a separate one for Queens despite filling in the consent form that they could both use the same interview, so maybe the same thing is happening to your friend?

Yea sounds like it - wierd
Though what then happens to people who only had the opportunity of one interview? Surely that's an issue somewhere
Original post by Lilyloo4232
Though what then happens to people who only had the opportunity of one interview? Surely that's an issue somewhere

I know I was so confused when I was offered the second one cause it doesn't sound fair. I wish I only had to do the one though because I feel I did better on the first interview and did terrible in the second but the first was for ulster and I'd prefer to go to Queens.
Original post by oohhnoo
I know I was so confused when I was offered the second one cause it doesn't sound fair. I wish I only had to do the one though because I feel I did better on the first interview and did terrible in the second but the first was for ulster and I'd prefer to go to Queens.

It's very strange how they have done them this year , I found it very hard having dyslexia trying to read the questions as only option was Adio that plated once
Original post by oohhnoo

Though if it's been their mistake it's good it's been rectified . Good luck and fingers crossed for your queen's
Original post by l_leonard8
Is it April yet? Lol! Guys I was thinking of setting up a WhatsApp group if anyone would be interested in joining. I’ve already got to chat to some of use via student rooms private mail, but was wondering would anyone be up for joining a WhatsApp group if I was to set it up? If anyone is interested, just drop me your number and name on student rooms private mail and I’ll get it set up. Might be a good way to get to know eachother and as well as that, pick up a few tips. If this is something your not interested in, there is no pressure whatsoever.

Yeah, that’s a good idea! Can I please be added?
Original post by khood34

Yes no worries. Send me your number
Original post by khood34

Can I be added to the group aswel please ☺️ It won’t let me message you
Anyone who would like to be added just drop me your name and number to be added to the group. You don’t need to ask for permission, everyone is welcome. I am so delighted that there is so many of us!
I just logged into UCAS and my id student number had changed. And my applications were read only , yet I logged on there now and it's back to normal.. any ideas ?
Into April now, hoping it’s not too long😅
Original post by Weasley21
Into April now, hoping it’s not too long😅

Wont be too long now .. here's hoping fingers crossed
I just logged into UCAS and my id student number had changed. And my applications were read only , yet I logged on there now and it's back to normal.. any ideas ?

Think UCAS is under maintenance I wouldn't worry to much about it.
Original post by beefcurry
Think UCAS is under maintenance I wouldn't worry to much about it.

I got word back , they were checking there's no coping etc as if you already had an account lady year they check it with last year application, so you have not used same personal statement etc etc
I got word back , they were checking there's no coping etc as if you already had an account lady year they check it with last year application, so you have not used same personal statement etc etc

Why would you not be allowed to use the same statement? If its about you and you are applying for same or similar courses to last year its obviously going to be the same
You're not allowed to it say that on the application. It has to be re written as you are not allowed to submit same version again . I wasn't too bad as I had degree to add on this time , if they find it's same one your PS will turn a different colour and won't be submitted

Quick Reply

Latest