The Student Room Group

Would I be able to succeed with 3 A-levels and a BTEC Extended Certificate?

The subjects I want to do are maths, history, economics and applied science. My GCSE average is 7.4, though I believe I can go up at least 1.4 average and I also have 2 L2D* BTECs
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Usernamesaredum
The subjects I want to do are maths, history, economics and applied science. My GCSE average is 7.4, though I believe I can go up at least 1.4 average and I also have 2 L2D* BTECs

Hey,

To me, that sounds like a really strong position to be in. Good luck!

MP :smile:
Why do you want to do Applied Science - a BTEC Cert in AS will not be enough to do a science degree at a sensible Uni - you would be better just sticking with three A levels and getting good grades than wasting your time doing an extra BTEC that isnt going to add anything significant.
Original post by McGinger
Why do you want to do Applied Science - a BTEC Cert in AS will not be enough to do a science degree at a sensible Uni - you would be better just sticking with three A levels and getting good grades than wasting your time doing an extra BTEC that isnt going to add anything significant.

I don’t want to do a science degree, I just want some post GCSE science, also I could use it for psychology
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Usernamesaredum
I don’t want to do a science degree, I just want some post GCSE science, also I could use it for psychology

Have you checked to see if this BTEC is acceptable to Unis for Psychology - you may find it isn't.

Quick Reply

Latest