The Student Room Group

Alevels Art

I have stated to noticed that during my Art lesson when I have to talk to one of my teacher (that focuses on me and 2/3 other students in my art class, to talk my in-depth about my essay and practical work) I see something that my hands start to shake and sweat as well as this I being to stutter more when talking to my teacher. I feel like every time I have another lesson with this teacher I feel my self-confidence about my work get smaller and smaller all the time.
In one lesson the teacher was talking to me about my work. I have brought it work from home to further develop my project and the teacher said that it was not composed properly. Then the teacher moved on to my other experiment I had already done and was talking about how successful they are. One of my experiments was broken into two smaller pieces and one bigger piece. Therefore it was unsuccessful. The teacher also said that my experiments were repetitive. The teacher then picked the pieces and put them in the bin, all while I was standing there listening to all the teacher was saying as I could/was not alone to speak.
This really hurt me and I am starting to enjoy Art less and less. And I don’t find myself getting excited about going to art.
I also find myself crying before and after my art lessons sometimes.
Does anyone have any advice on what I should do until April/May when my course ends.
What you should do is tell the head of your art department (as reference) and your form tutor (as a reference) so change can happen and they will realise you spoke out because your vulnerable to them lol

Quick Reply

Latest