The Student Room Group

Best to study 2 fast track alevels or an Access to HE?

Im looking to study Bsc Pscyhology as a mature student however I don't currently have the right qualifications. I was very ill with chronic illness during college so only was able to study for an A* in Art and C in Maths (I actually sat the exams for this in bed and fell asleep during :/). I also have a distinction in UAL L3 Art foundation however i know this isn't relevant so many university's wouldn't consider it.

Before i got sick i got 10 A*s at GCSE so i know i have academic ability, just wasn't sure which option would be the best - either to retake maths and to pick up psychology alevel in one year (probably would need to study online for this), or to take an Access to HE in science. I think the alevels would work out cheaper but wasn't sure if them being taken separate to my art Alevel would be a problem?
Reply 1
Honestly, do an access course. Access isn’t expensive as you can get a loan and that loan is written off after you do your BSc anyway.
Original post by ALEreapp
Honestly, do an access course. Access isn’t expensive as you can get a loan and that loan is written off after you do your BSc anyway.

thanks, i was thinking this as at least ill get in person teaching
Reply 3
I would recommend an access course too. I’ve just taken one and studied biology and psychology. I feel my in-person one has really prepared me well for university.
Reply 4
Could you check with universities you are interested in? My bet is that an access course would be the better route for most people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending