The Student Room Group

Applying to uni 2022 (October)

I'm going to apply to uni in 2022 (october) for a chemistry undergraduate degree. Any tips for writing my personal statement?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by DP4300
I'm going to apply to uni in 2023 for a chemistry undergraduate degree. Any tips for writing my personal statement?

You’re in year 12 right? You don’t need to worry about personal statement until year 13. But I’d suggest researching chemistry and their degrees as you may change your mind, and getting some relevant work experience
Original post by ashvinsingh
You’re in year 12 right? You don’t need to worry about personal statement until year 13. But I’d suggest researching chemistry and their degrees as you may change your mind, and getting some relevant work experience

Yep I've started doing a MOOC and I'll start looking for work experience. Thanks!

Thanks!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi!I am a 4th year Chemistry student at the University of Southampton! I didn't know that I wanted to study chemistry until Year 13 as my amazing chemistry teacher at the time inspired me to follow this area!With regards to writing a personal statement, I would say that just write about what you love about chemistry and what you are looking forward to be studying. Courses differ between universities ranging from a Bachelor's degree to a Master's degree with a placement year so maybe also look at the course details to see what you can mention in your personal statement.As mentioned, work experience is also good to write about but as long as you are passionate in your writing it should be excellent!What universities are you looking to apply for?Niamh (University of Southampton Official Chemistry Rep)
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi!I am a 4th year Chemistry student at the University of Southampton! I didn't know that I wanted to study chemistry until Year 13 as my amazing chemistry teacher at the time inspired me to follow this area!With regards to writing a personal statement, I would say that just write about what you love about chemistry and what you are looking forward to be studying. Courses differ between universities ranging from a Bachelor's degree to a Master's degree with a placement year so maybe also look at the course details to see what you can mention in your personal statement.As mentioned, work experience is also good to write about but as long as you are passionate in your writing it should be excellent!What universities are you looking to apply for?Niamh (University of Southampton Official Chemistry Rep)

Hi I really want to study at Warwick, KCL, UCL?, Nottingham and I still need a 5th option. Thanks for responding :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending