The Student Room Group

Commutes you hate making?

I would say going into a big city at rush hour driving.
Central line train, Zone 1 at 6pm on a weekday. Glorious armpits :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RazzzBerries
Central line train, Zone 1 at 6pm on a weekday. Glorious armpits :smile:

I live close to a station on the central line and used to take it to secondary school, can relate lol :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by kk15405
I live close to a station on the central line and used to take it to secondary school, can relate lol :smile:

Me too, except swap it for uni and we got the same experience :'(
Reply 4
Northbound Bakerloo line. Why does every single train terminate at queen's park!??
There's a really steep and long hill near me with a cross roads and lights right at the peak of it, and it has long been my nemesis, my heart sinks every time I work out I need to use it.

When learning, a few times I had to pretty much wheelspin to get up it out of desperate desire not to drop like a stone backwards. :redface:

I have then progressively chosen to get less and less suitable cars for hill starts, going from modern diesels with hill assist etc, automatics, then a manual diesel and finally a 25 year old RWD petrol manual with 0 assists :colonhash:
Country lanes :angry: absolutely hateee them. More than that, the idiots who use them. There are very few people who seem to be going slow enough to stop at blind bends where only one car can get through!

I usually don't have to take country lanes unless there's queuing traffic on my daily commute and I have to be on time for lectures.
Theres a town near me, about 3 minutes away, and the main road through there is a pain in the arse at certain times. Its a main A road, so there is a lot of traffic up and down there, especially at rush hour. Theres also a school along there (the infant and junior school on the same site) so at school times it gets hectic aroud that area. Theres also tollgate island, which in my opinion is too small for the amount of exits on the roundabout and the amount of traffic that uses it. Theres also a secondary school a few minutes down the other way, but i dont have to go that way often. It gets crazy. And theres always some part of the road being dug up.
Luckily i go the back way and come back out further along that main road at the traffic lights, so i avoid the most congested part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending