The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

How long do my references have to submit a reference for MSc

Hi,

Sorry I'm really new to all of this so apologies if this is a silly question. I've had a particularly difficult time this year but I am still applying to a few MSc courses, just with a lot less prep time than I had hoped which is making me quite stressed.

I'm also applying to UCL and on their application information they explain that once you have submitted your application your referees have 10 working days to submit their reference, even if this goes beyond the final application deadline.
For some reason I got confused and thought this was also true of Imperial however I can't find any information about this at all, which leads me to believe referees must get their reference in before the final submission deadline. Basically my references know I will be contacting them but don't know when and don't know the deadlines yet, if they need to complete their reference before the end of the application deadline I have definitely left it too late for them but if they have 10 working days I still have hope.

Thanks!
Reply 1
imperial application procedure works in a different way. You need to complete the information forms first and they will direct you to a page with uploading your documents. you can then submit your cv, personal statement and transcript, as well as request two references from your referees. All the documents need to complete before the ddl. but actually, they have put my application into consideration just after my first reference was received. (and offer released affer the second one received) That's what i did for my application. Hopefully it helps.:smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by xyf
imperial application procedure works in a different way. You need to complete the information forms first and they will direct you to a page with uploading your documents. you can then submit your cv, personal statement and transcript, as well as request two references from your referees. All the documents need to complete before the ddl. but actually, they have put my application into consideration just after my first reference was received. (and offer released affer the second one received) That's what i did for my application. Hopefully it helps.:smile:

Hi I was just wondering because i'm in this situation where they put my application into dep of consideration but my second reference isn't in yet. How long did it take for your second reference to be submitted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending