The Student Room Group

Friends in my last year of A levels

I am in my last year of A-Levels, (three years at sixth form college level). I don't think I am connected to many of my friends anymore, might be partly due to COVID which stopped most people from going outside. I chose to delete a lot of wasteful apps such as SC and IG. I have realised that a lot of decisions I have made have not been in my best interest and I try not to be friends who are failures because for a long time it had a bad effect on me. Is what I have done/what I am doing a bad thing to do? It is just that I used to make friends with people who had similar hobbies as me which was video games, eventually these kind of people I was friends with went onto a bad path in life, I felt that if I stayed friends with them I would also go on a bad path in life.

Am I wrong for this?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am in my last year of A-Levels, (three years at sixth form college level). I don't think I am connected to many of my friends anymore, might be partly due to COVID which stopped most people from going outside. I chose to delete a lot of wasteful apps such as SC and IG. I have realised that a lot of decisions I have made have not been in my best interest and I try not to be friends who are failures because for a long time it had a bad effect on me. Is what I have done/what I am doing a bad thing to do? It is just that I used to make friends with people who had similar hobbies as me which was video games, eventually these kind of people I was friends with went onto a bad path in life, I felt that if I stayed friends with them I would also go on a bad path in life.

Am I wrong for this?

They try to reach out to me but I choose not to engage with them.
Original post by Anonymous

Am I wrong for this?

No, you are not wrong. :smile:
But do bear in mind that different people have very different personal ambitions and definitions of success.
Success is not solely about achieving top grades, having a prestigeous job and earning lots of money to pay for a luxury lifestyle.
Good luck with your studies and future ambitions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending