The Student Room Group

BCU adult nursing interview online

Hi 😊 i have an interview for Birmingham city university this week, and I am so nervous but looking forward to it. I just need some advice. Iv been researching Loads the last 2 weeks because I’m petrified they are going to ask me something I don’t know the answer to 😓 if anyone could give me a heads up on things that I should really do my homework on that would be great! Iv been focusing on is the NHS constitution. The daily role as a nurse, skills ahhhh jeeeez the list could go on!
Original post by Stacey12190
Hi 😊 i have an interview for Birmingham city university this week, and I am so nervous but looking forward to it. I just need some advice. Iv been researching Loads the last 2 weeks because I’m petrified they are going to ask me something I don’t know the answer to 😓 if anyone could give me a heads up on things that I should really do my homework on that would be great! Iv been focusing on is the NHS constitution. The daily role as a nurse, skills ahhhh jeeeez the list could go on!

Hi
Concentrate on the information that they given you to research on for the interview.....

Don't panic to much about being nervous as the interviewers will do their best to make sure you are comfortable during the interview process, main thing is that you have answered enough questions you been asked by them and putting enough information over with each question.
I have given you a list of some examples of what you might be asked at the interview as there is so many things that they can ask you which nobody can say exactly what they are.

Yes they could ask you a question that you won't be expecting like but what they will ask you is anybody guess if they do so.

I'm a NHS registered midwife unfortunately I'm Scotland but whole UK nursing course is determined by the guidelines set out by the NMC and RCN so we are basically trained the same way as everybody else is.... It's just how university and placements teach you the things is different.
Good luck.

NHS core values
NMC code of practice
The 6 C's of nursing.
How you can cope with stress
How would you cope with say a bereavement while on shift on the ward and still be professional as a nurse.

Tell us about yourself.
Talk us through your personal statement.
Why do you want to be a Adult/Child/Mental Health nurse or midwifery
What have you done to prepare yourself for a career in Nursing
What strengths do you have that will help you deal with all the work involved.

Why do you want to be a nurse
What experience do you have of nursing as a career if any
What do you think is a typical day for a nurse
What do you think will be most challenging about this course
What is the hardest part about being a nurse in the UK today
Are you interested in a specific area of nursing and if so why ( example - ENT or Orthopaedic surgery ).
What media resources do you use to learn about nursing issues
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi
Concentrate on the information that they given you to research on for the interview.....

Don't panic to much about being nervous as the interviewers will do their best to make sure you are comfortable during the interview process, main thing is that you have answered enough questions you been asked by them and putting enough information over with each question.
I have given you a list of some examples of what you might be asked at the interview as there is so many things that they can ask you which nobody can say exactly what they are.

Yes they could ask you a question that you won't be expecting like but what they will ask you is anybody guess if they do so.

I'm a NHS registered midwife unfortunately I'm Scotland but whole UK nursing course is determined by the guidelines set out by the NMC and RCN so we are basically trained the same way as everybody else is.... It's just how university and placements teach you the things is different.
Good luck.

NHS core values
NMC code of practice
The 6 C's of nursing.
How you can cope with stress
How would you cope with say a bereavement while on shift on the ward and still be professional as a nurse.

Tell us about yourself.
Talk us through your personal statement.
Why do you want to be a Adult/Child/Mental Health nurse or midwifery
What have you done to prepare yourself for a career in Nursing
What strengths do you have that will help you deal with all the work involved.

Why do you want to be a nurse
What experience do you have of nursing as a career if any
What do you think is a typical day for a nurse
What do you think will be most challenging about this course
What is the hardest part about being a nurse in the UK today
Are you interested in a specific area of nursing and if so why ( example - ENT or Orthopaedic surgery ).
What media resources do you use to learn about nursing issues

Thank you so much! Really appreciate that….I just want it so bad, like most people. It’s adult nursing iv applied to study. I’m hoping I have a chance, I’ve been in all aspect of care most of my working life, I’m currently an undertaker so I can apply these to nursing as we still have to provide a level care of not only to the deceased but to the bereaved families too.
Hopefully it all goes well 😀
Thank you so much! Really appreciate that….I just want it so bad, like most people. It’s adult nursing iv applied to study. I’m hoping I have a chance, I’ve been in all aspect of care most of my working life, I’m currently an undertaker so I can apply these to nursing as we still have to provide a level care of not only to the deceased but to the bereaved families too.
Hopefully it all goes well 😀

No worries okay... As just here to help anyone else who needs advice on thing's..

All you can do is your upmost best on the day of the interview and then it's out with your control any decisions made.

With what you said regarding your experience with things then that should be a advantage but not necessary over anyone else applying.
You got the bereavement side of nursing with current Job and that is something a lot of potential students can't handle until they are trained on how to cope with it.

I hope you are successful and then you can put all your previous experience to good use over the coming years as both a student and as a qualified nurse.

You might have to do a math's and English test depending on how long ago you last in education if successful with your interview.
Nothing to worry about this as it's basically to see how you can calculate as you'll know if handing out medications etc.

Keep me posted if possible....😄😃😀
Reply 4

Hi Stacey, how long did you get the result after interview? I’ve had interview with BCU today. I don’t feel it went well.
Reply 5
Original post by Daisy7189
Hi Stacey, how long did you get the result after interview? I’ve had interview with BCU today. I don’t feel it went well.

Hey if you check her profile you'll see she hasn't been on here since beginning of January.
Don't panic as you'll be notified one way or another the outcome okay 🙏
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Tracey_W
Hey if you check her profile you'll see she hasn't been on here since beginning of January.
Don't panic as you'll be notified one way or another the outcome okay 🙏

Thanks Tracey. I’ve got 3 more interviews to do. Hopefully i’ll do better next times.
Reply 7
Thanks Tracey. I’ve got 3 more interviews to do. Hopefully i’ll do better next times.

Hi daisy 🙂🙂

You are welcome 🤗

Wow congratulations on your three interviews you have to do 😀
Hopefully you will be successfully in one of those.

Research and study everything you have to prior to doing these interviews okay xx

How have your interviews gone? x
Reply 9
Original post by Tonilou04
How have your interviews gone? x

They were ok, not as bad as i thought. They wanted to know if we understand 6C and NMC code. I got offer from 3 unis and i withdraw 1.
They were ok, not as bad as i thought. They wanted to know if we understand 6C and NMC code. I got offer from 3 unis and i withdraw 1.

That’s amazing congratulations!!! Have you decided which one you want to go to?

How long did it take for you to get an offer after interview?
Reply 12
Original post by Tonilou04
That’s amazing congratulations!!! Have you decided which one you want to go to?

Thanks. I haven’t decided yet. I’m not sure what to choose between BCU and Worcester .
Avoid Worcester!!
I got an offer for Sheffield Hallam today!!!! I’m
So excited x
Reply 15
Original post by de chalain
Avoid Worcester!!

Why? Are you studying nursing in Worcester?
Why? Are you studying nursing in Worcester?

Student support is lacking, no activities that are actually available to anyone unless you’re part of a club etc. And even those are minimal. Everything you have to pay for. Courses structures are very “winging it” and it’s clear the only thing the uni is after is your money. Not nursing but another AHP course xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending