The Student Room Group

Pre Registration MSc Nursing 2022

Hi guys,

I have applied for the pre reg nursing course at BCU (intake march 22).
I have been asked to complete the RPL document however I am extremely confused.

there are so many points to complete- so do I just add one sentence or paragraphs for each point?
what other evidence do I need to attach?
is there any document that they require me to attach?

can someone provide some examples please so I can get a rough idea- I feel like I am doing something wrong and the deadline is in 4 days :frown:

thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by mary20200114
Hi guys,

there are so many points to complete- so do I just add one sentence or paragraphs for each point?

can someone provide some examples please so I can get a rough idea- I feel like I am doing something wrong and the deadline is in 4 days :frown:

contact the university they will tell you what to include. good luck
Reply 2
Original post by mary20200114
Hi guys,

Hi , have you had your interview yet for your place at BCU. I had mine two days ago and been offered a place( MSC for mental health nursing,March start). I’m currently looking for people who are going to be in the same course.
Reply 3
Hi Guys,

I don't know if anyone will be able to help me but I've applied for the MSc Adult Nursing program. I've got an interview.

Anyway, I'm not asking for the questions verbatim (although that would help haha) but I wanted to ask how different are the questions/process when you compare the BSc and MSc program?

I guess I'm just driving myself crazy planning 🙃

Thanks in advance!
I am not sure about the difference but if you know 6cs of nursing and your can include them when discussing about your previous experience then that would be fine. NMC role and nhs values will help. Mine was scenarios based on nursing in groups.
Reply 5
Original post by Khayadok
I am not sure about the difference but if you know 6cs of nursing and your can include them when discussing about your previous experience then that would be fine. NMC role and nhs values will help. Mine was scenarios based on nursing in groups.

Firstly, thank you so much for replying.

Many Universities provide an article or pre interview reading but BCU hasn't. Is that normal?

Also what kind of scenarios are we presented with?
No I don’t think they provide an article. The scenarios were hospital base like if you checked a patient and you find that their blood pressure was too high, how would you deal with that as a nurse.
Reply 7
Thank you!
Hi did you manage to submit your RPL successful. I’m just doing mine and I haven’t a clue what they are wanting or looking for. I’m in panic mode now.
Reply 9
Original post by Scarling2023
Hi did you manage to submit your RPL successful. I’m just doing mine and I haven’t a clue what they are wanting or looking for. I’m in panic mode now.

Hi, I have successfully completed my RPL. I'm in my 5th month of study now.

Could you be more specific?
Did you have to complete a section like this? What did you include? CV, certificates, references?
Reply 11
Did you have to complete a section like this? What did you include? CV, certificates, references?

Which uni have you applied for? I don't recognise the layout. When I did my RPL the document itself was full on therefore I provided them with an comprehensive account. Also, BCU did support me accordingly.

But yeah, I included
1) Parts of my CV
2) P45
3) Reference from my manager (inc verifying the 500 hours)
4) References from the Band 6s (Sisters)
5) My HCA training (ALL of it)
6) Any associated certificates (level 1, 2 and 3)
7) My degree transcript. Including appropriate modules (Level 4, 5 and 6).

Tip: Say you cannot meet a requirement just create an account on e-lfh and carry out some e-learning. Link: https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/
Sheffield. It’s a few pages long, all the rest is done but that’s the section I’m struggling with. I’ve got all the hours signed by the nurses I work with and everything else done and I’ve got all care certificates from my e-learning but will add other stuff in also like you’ve said. Thanks so much.
Reply 13
Sheffield. It’s a few pages long, all the rest is done but that’s the section I’m struggling with. I’ve got all the hours signed by the nurses I work with and everything else done and I’ve got all care certificates from my e-learning but will add other stuff in also like you’ve said. Thanks so much.

If you get stuck on a particular section, feel free to ask for help. I'll just check my RPL document and try to guide you.

No problem and GOOD LUCK!
Hi did you have to do anything like this. This section is really getting to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending