The Student Room Group

Work experience ideas for an english degree

I'm currently studying in year 12 and at the end of the academic year it's compulsory for all students to find a week of work experience. I want to do something relevant to the degree I want (English literature), any ideas for English related work experience for a 17 year old? My local library, bookshop, magazine and newspapers all said they cant do it bc of covid but I did initially want something to do with journalism :frown:(
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by seasaltfresh
I'm currently studying in year 12 and at the end of the academic year it's compulsory for all students to find a week of work experience. I want to do something relevant to the degree I want (English literature), any ideas for English related work experience for a 17 year old? My local library, bookshop, magazine and newspapers all said they cant do it bc of covid but I did initially want something to do with journalism :frown:(

Hi there.

Not sure if this may help but maybe doing work experience in a school where you could do activities such as supporting lessons and doing guided reading with pupils? :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by seasaltfresh

Are there any charities or organisations near you that offer adult or child literacy classes/volunteering?
ask around

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending