Work experience ideas for an english degree

Watch this thread
seasaltfresh
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm currently studying in year 12 and at the end of the academic year it's compulsory for all students to find a week of work experience. I want to do something relevant to the degree I want (English literature), any ideas for English related work experience for a 17 year old? My local library, bookshop, magazine and newspapers all said they cant do it bc of covid but I did initially want something to do with journalism (
Last edited by seasaltfresh; 4 months ago
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by seasaltfresh)
I'm currently studying in year 12 and at the end of the academic year it's compulsory for all students to find a week of work experience. I want to do something relevant to the degree I want (English literature), any ideas for English related work experience for a 17 year old? My local library, bookshop, magazine and newspapers all said they cant do it bc of covid but I did initially want something to do with journalism (
Hi there.

Not sure if this may help but maybe doing work experience in a school where you could do activities such as supporting lessons and doing guided reading with pupils?
Last edited by TriplexA; 5 months ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by seasaltfresh)
Are there any charities or organisations near you that offer adult or child literacy classes/volunteering?
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
ask around
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (118)
40.41%