The Student Room Group

Engineering internship cv help!!

I’m doing chemical engineering and don’t have much technical experience so I’m trying to relate the experience I do have to the Roles. I’ve been working part time as a care assistant is there anyway I could relate that in my cv or should I just miss it out? other experiences I’ve included are volunteer work, tutoring in english, and project work at uni.
Reply 1
I did chem eng with no exp. What helped me a lot was

Do online courses put them under professional development
Use a skill based cv. If job description wants good team work skills then just put Team Work - blah blah

I didn’t go into engineering after my degree because engineering is avg pay in uk for such a technical job.
Original post by helpme111
I’m doing chemical engineering and don’t have much technical experience so I’m trying to relate the experience I do have to the Roles. I’ve been working part time as a care assistant is there anyway I could relate that in my cv or should I just miss it out? other experiences I’ve included are volunteer work, tutoring in english, and project work at uni.

If you are applying for an internship you won't be expected to have any industrial experience. But non-technical skills gained from other activities and university projects can be of use, so if you can relate them to the role you are applying for, it would probably be a good idea to include them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending