The Student Room Group

Computer Science AQA Pre Release A Level Breakthrough 2022

Hi, does anyone have the solutions for the zigzag resource pack for Breakthrough 2022? I wanted to check my answers to the questions that I have done so far. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by naash_123
Hi, does anyone have the solutions for the zigzag resource pack for Breakthrough 2022? I wanted to check my answers to the questions that I have done so far. Thanks

i don't have the answers or anything but is there any way you would be able to send me the resource pack? there's no way i can afford it haha
Reply 2
Original post by waterslide
if he didt give you the resource pack i can give you, dm your email i have the solutions aswell.

Should my school have given me something - I am doing AQA A level in June and they have not mentioned anything about Breakthrough?
Reply 3
Original post by waterslide
you are meant to be given it in January

Thanks waterslide - would you be able to send me the resource pack - I think I have a lot of catching up to do!
If its not too much mate could you send it to me pls - there is nothing online
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
IK this isn't about breakthrough but are any of you revising stuff that is not on the AI?
Original post by SOLWAYJ
IK this isn't about breakthrough but are any of you revising stuff that is not on the AI?

AQA (and the other boards) have been really clear about this. The AI is a recommended revision list, but there will be topics in the exam that are not on that list. Both as a CS tutor & parent of a CS student, I'd strongly recommend revising all of the topics with a focus on the AI as "most important".

Holly

Tutor | IT Nerd | TeachAllAboutIt :work:
Did waterslide send the solutions to anybody?? my school refused to provide my classmates and I with any resources on the skeleton program (aside from the source code and links to wiki) because they are closing down and there is only 3 computing students.
please if you do.. could you send?
Reply 8
yo are you still looking I have some of the questions if you need?
Original post by ry_er

Could I have some questions please, thank you x
Original post by ry_er

Hey, could I please have the questions as well. Thanks.
Reply 11
guys some help plz, The AI Doesnt mention vectors, BNF, Hash Tables, Dictionaries and Turing Model? Do i need to revise these topics
Original post by Me309
guys some help plz, The AI Doesnt mention vectors, BNF, Hash Tables, Dictionaries and Turing Model? Do i need to revise these topics

The AI doesn't mention anything about topics not listed still being tested in "low tarrif" questions like for other AQA AI(e.g bio & chem) so I reallyy doubt they'll come up, looking at the EAD they've put it tables for tracing, and adjacency matrix so I'm pretty sure it matches up to what the questions will be.
The tracing will definitely be some sort of graph traversal cuz it's part of the question that has the adjacency matrix on it.

The only thing they say is that some topics might be assessed in "synoptic" questions but from my limited knowledge, there isn't a synoptic question on paper 1? Only thing that comes to mind is those big 12 markers on Paper 2(not the ethical moral one, the one that's like in the 2020 paper, describe how data is routed from point A to B internationally kind of thing). With those questions I definitely think some wider understanding of the topic would be beneficial.

I'm asking my CS teacher after half term how close the AI information was for the AS students that sat it, AS doesn't get any AI for paper 1 but do for paper 2 so that'll help in terms of like is it 100% or is there questions about stuff not on it.
Reply 13
Original post by _notursavior
The AI doesn't mention anything about topics not listed still being tested in "low tarrif" questions like for other AQA AI(e.g bio & chem) so I reallyy doubt they'll come up, looking at the EAD they've put it tables for tracing, and adjacency matrix so I'm pretty sure it matches up to what the questions will be.
The tracing will definitely be some sort of graph traversal cuz it's part of the question that has the adjacency matrix on it.

The only thing they say is that some topics might be assessed in "synoptic" questions but from my limited knowledge, there isn't a synoptic question on paper 1? Only thing that comes to mind is those big 12 markers on Paper 2(not the ethical moral one, the one that's like in the 2020 paper, describe how data is routed from point A to B internationally kind of thing). With those questions I definitely think some wider understanding of the topic would be beneficial.

I'm asking my CS teacher after half term how close the AI information was for the AS students that sat it, AS doesn't get any AI for paper 1 but do for paper 2 so that'll help in terms of like is it 100% or is there questions about stuff not on it.

Okay thanks do let the forum know as it’ll be a big help because I’m getting mixed info from different people
Reply 14
update
the Ai is accurate so anything not on it will defo not come up.
Also does anyone have the 2022 EAD?
Original post by Me309
update
the Ai is accurate so anything not on it will defo not come up.
Also does anyone have the 2022 EAD?

If that's the case that is good, thank you x

I'm also in search of the EAD too
I have attached the EAD, I'm doing Java.
I also have the zigzag resources for java and python
Using both the EAD and the information from wiki books, does anyone have any predictions on the section D questions. roughly how much would you say each fix / addition is worth on wikibooks etc? Im thinking fix of key 1-5 index out of range could be 5 marker as about 3 marks for changing conditions of while loop and 2 marks for 2 tests, one of in range and one of out of range.
Original post by OJlongley
I have attached the EAD, I'm doing Java.
I also have the zigzag resources for java and python

Thank you x
Can I have some Zigzag resources for java, please x
add ianwilliz03 on snap
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending