The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Biology Biological processes H420/01 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aliaa03
do insects have a single or double circulatory system ? i can’t see it anywhere 😭

I don’t think u need to know that just know it’s open circulatory system haemolymph that has no or lacks oxygen flowing to the haemoceal which is the open cavity at low pressure slowly
Original post by userstudent12
Quick q, how does the structure of myosin and actin link to their function

myosin thick filaments contain myosin heads that have adp attached to bind to the actin myosin binding sites on the actin forming cross bridges

actin are thin filaments that have the actin myosin binding sites and have tropomyosin covering these sites. when a ca2+ ion binds to the troponin it initiates thin filament activation exposing actin myosin binding sites

idk if there will be anymore but thats j what i understood
This exam better be doable and not so hard
Original post by 🧸medical hope
This exam better be doable and not so hard

righttt !! i’m so worried 🥲🥲🥲
Do you think most people have mainly just learnt the advanced info over everything else
Original post by jobangz
Do you think most people have mainly just learnt the advanced info over everything else

I think most people I know have learnt everything but gone thru advanced info in more detail cos thats where most of the marks are going to be
Original post by liv.sjones
I think most people I know have learnt everything but gone thru advanced info in more detail cos thats where most of the marks are going to be

Yes that's what I have done too. It's today guys! GOOD LUCK!! SMASH THEM!!!
Original post by liv.sjones

I don’t think most people have learnt everything tbh everyone in my school is just doing advanced info and then praying
Original post by biycye
I don’t think most people have learnt everything tbh everyone in my school is just doing advanced info and then praying

Lol
honestly it should be absolutely fine, the exam board don't want everyone to fail and at most it'll be like 1 question & maybe a couple multiple choice not from advanced info
Original post by biycye
Just to clarify paper 1 is modules 1,2,3,5 paper 2 is 1,2,4,6 and paper 3 is all of them?
Original post by sunny225
Just to clarify paper 1 is modules 1,2,3,5 paper 2 is 1,2,4,6 and paper 3 is all of them?

Think so. Should be on the spec just to check
guys any ideas on what pags might come up in this exam?
i thought we were given standard deviations formula but in this paper from 2017 they just asked you to calculate it without the formula ? :frown:
Original post by aliaa03
i thought we were given standard deviations formula but in this paper from 2017 they just asked you to calculate it without the formula ? :frown:

mean of the squares - square of the mean
all square rooted

mean is first because SD is mean
Original post by sunny225

Yep, thats what i think!
Original post by aliaa03

square root(sum of (mean-mean^2)/n-1)
Can someone please explain why standard deviation is better than just the mean and what does it suggest?
Original post by aliaa03

Im pretty sure that was a mistake cuz they published a post-exam correction thing: https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/471873-question-paper-biological-processes-post-exam-correction-.pdf
i hope theres a 9marker on like respiration and muscle contraction

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending