The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Biology Biological processes H420/01 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

What were the answers for the exocrine stuff
Original post by Shy100
What do u guys about that

No clue, normally i remember the paper but I forgot loads of it
Original post by anon2003!
For the EPC did anyone put that it wasn't safe because it could cause uncontrolled cell division?

I skipped that one
Original post by Pencil19

Kl
Original post by Pencil19

I would say it stuck to what but the topics it told us to put the most focus on was all cap.
Original post by anon2003!
For the EPC did anyone put that it wasn't safe because it could cause uncontrolled cell division?

How many marks was that
Original post by borat32
I only talked about xylem would I lose marks then ?

It said two visible adaptations,

Spiral Lignin - flexible support

Plasmodesmata (the holes in the walls of the phloem tube) - allow sucrose to diffuse in from companion cells

If you found two adaptations for the xylem part you would get the marks, didn't have to mention phloem I think
Original post by Shy100
How many marks was that

2 Marks or 4 marks i think.
What did you guys put for the lack of atp when dead causes muscle rigidity
Original post by KanekiUchiha212
I would say it stuck to what but the topics it told us to put the most focus on was all cap.

Yeah that’s what I thought It would’ve been alright if I didn’t do proper last min revision my bad lmao
Original post by Nairbear
What were the answers for the exocrine stuff

Endocrine definition- Hormones are secreted by endocrine glands such thyroid gland releasing thyroxine and is released straight into the bloodstream

Exocrine- Pancreatic juices or enzymes move through the pancreatic duct and into the duodenum at the top of the small intestine before being released therefore it’s exocrine tissue
Original post by Shy100
Yeah that’s what I thought It would’ve been alright if I didn’t do proper last min revision my bad lmao

😂😂
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Spectrz

Plasmodesmata (the holes in the walls of the phloem tube) - allow sucrose to diffuse in from companion cells

If you found two adaptations for the xylem part you would get the marks, didn't have to mention phloem I think

Instead of plasmodesmata if I wrote perforated wall to allow transverse water movement would I get that
Original post by Spectrz

Calm I said no end cell walls to provide a continuous flow of water to maintain transpiration pull. And then bordered pits to allow lateral movement of water into cells and tisssues
i said ATP releases less energy to muscle cell so less effective contraction...
Original post by borat32
Endocrine definition- Hormones are secreted by endocrine glands such thyroid gland releasing thyroxine and is released straight into the bloodstream

Exocrine- Pancreatic juices or enzymes move through the pancreatic duct and into the duodenum at the top of the small intestine before being released therefore it’s exocrine tissue

If I wrote for the 1 marker secreted via ducts would I get the mark
Original post by Shy100
If I wrote for the 1 marker secreted via ducts would I get the mark

Im sure u would get it
Original post by KanekiUchiha212
Im sure u would get it

Kl thx
Original post by avnconnie123456
i said ATP releases less energy to muscle cell so less effective contraction...

But the guys dead innit?
I put that the myosin can’t be removed from the actin filament because less atp to bind
What was the anomaly please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending