The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Biology Biological processes H420/01 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roonilwazlib69
what in christ’s name were the three proteins

Actin myosin and tryptonin (idk how to spell the last one) is what I put down
Original post by A.ahmed456
I ruled that answer out because I thought constant level was incorrect 😭

The wording was so ambiguous in so many questions I swear! I could be wrong and there’s nothing we can do about it now ig
Original post by lol2468
in that answer did it say maintain at a constant level for ALL animals- i may be wrong but dont ectotherms usually have varied body temps??

Ooh yeah you’re right I think I crossed that one out bc of the ‘all animals’ bit, in which case idk what I put any more😭
Original post by lol2468
in that answer did it say maintain at a constant level for ALL animals- i may be wrong but dont ectotherms usually have varied body temps??

u must be some next level neek
Original post by hannahbbk134
stopp I wrote thermometer and was thinking water bath but the q said it was really big so I was like nah probably not that omg bye I’m acc done

I wrote water bath but when I realised the water was flowing through it I changed it to a heater in the water supply
Original post by Nagham A25
I did 25,20,15,10,5,0 and 5,10,15,20,25,30

U have to do the concentration x 30 to get volume of sucrose. So 0.2 M concentration is 0.2 X 30 = 6 cm3 of sucrose or whatever and then the water is 24
guys help if you write beyond line but are still within all borders do they still get marked?? i wrote few lines after because I had to cross out previous answer so you know that insert one where we had to describe to features/function of the xylem thing, I crossed out my entire first line because it was wrong so I had to draw an arrow below to write it!! will that be fine?/
Original post by lw440
guys help if you write beyond line but are still within all borders do they still get marked?? i wrote few lines after because I had to cross out previous answer so you know that insert one where we had to describe to features/function of the xylem thing, I crossed out my entire first line because it was wrong so I had to draw an arrow below to write it!! will that be fine?/

If it’s not fine then I’m screwed lol. I’m fairly certain it’s okay though
Guys, you see the black L-shaped lines at the bottom and top corners of the page and a thin grey strip at the side that says "DO NOT WRITE ON THE MARGIN" which I have tried to demonstrate in the image attached. I am a bit worried because I wrote outside the black L-shape parts for the biology exam many times (shown by where the arrows are pointing to in the image attached) when I was lacking space on lines and had to continue my sentences off the line. But I didn't write on the thin grey strip that said "DO NOT WRITE ON THE MARGIN". Did I write in the wrong places which will not be seen by the examiner?
(edited 1 year ago)
no look at this, they’ve written more than lines and it still shows up
Original post by revolutionary360
Guys, you see the black L-shaped lines at the bottom and top corners of the page and a thin grey strip at the side that says "DO NOT WRITE ON THE MARGIN" which I have tried to demonstrate in the image attached. I am a bit worried because I wrote outside the black L-shape parts for the biology exam many times (shown by where the arrows are pointing to in the image attached) when I was lacking space on lines and had to continue my sentences off the line. But I didn't write on the thin grey strip that said "DO NOT WRITE ON THE MARGIN". Did I write in the wrong places which will not be seen by the examiner?

If the examiner can't see your work and it's been cut off they'll probably just sent the actual paper to an examiner rather than the scan, it shouldn't be a big deal
U have to do the concentration x 30 to get volume of sucrose. So 0.2 M concentration is 0.2 X 30 = 6 cm3 of sucrose or whatever and then the water is 24

If you put the 25, 20 etc. would you lose all 3 marks?
Actin myosin and tryptonin (idk how to spell the last one) is what I put down

Troponin, tropomyosin and actin. It wasn't pointing to the myosin filament
Original post by Sunflower2003
If you put the 25, 20 etc. would you lose all 3 marks?

Probably depends on the working behind it e.g. if there's an ECF, how did you work out those volumes?
what was the insert? was it xylem because we could see lignin what did you say about how its adapted??
what was the leaf diagram showing what was A and B???
and what is pluripotent
Original post by lol2468

Ectotherms don't use homeostasis to regulate temp, but the ALL animals is weird I agree. Seemed like the best option tho, the other 2 options included positive feedback and the last one said sensory receptors coordinate response which is wrong, so idk tbh...
What is the correct way of answering "evaluate the conclusion"
Original post by adddsfgyyhjk
What is the correct way of answering "evaluate the conclusion"

For and Against arguments for the statement with supporting evidence from the figure
Original post by adddsfgyyhjk
what was the insert? was it xylem because we could see lignin what did you say about how its adapted??
what was the leaf diagram showing what was A and B???
and what is pluripotent

from the insert you could see spiralled lignin (flexible support) and the phloem next to it had holes in its walls which are plasmodesmata (allow sucrose to diffuse in from companion cells). That's what I wrote abt

I think the labelled part was the cambium, others have said phloem so not sure

below the labelled part was the xylem, adaptations were transport water and mineral ions, provide structure

pluripotent: can differentiate into any cell type but cannot form an entire organism (I forgot this part)
Original post by Spectrz
Ectotherms don't use homeostasis to regulate temp, but the ALL animals is weird I agree. Seemed like the best option tho, the other 2 options included positive feedback and the last one said sensory receptors coordinate response which is wrong, so idk tbh...

I think I did end up putting that receptors coordinate responses because obv all animals is wrong and positive feedback too, can't remember the other options. Coordinate is a weird word to use, but my reasoning was a) the other options were wrong and b) receptors play a role in coordination of hormonal + neuronal responses so it seemed like the least wrong option

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending