- small SA:V
- size, need to transport substances (sucrose) from source to sink
Is there a thread for paper 2
Okay I’ve made the thread for paper 2 biology
Original post by Anonymous1236789
What did you guys put for the cholesterol mc

regulates fluidity
Original post by bea_murray0
I think I did end up putting that receptors coordinate responses because obv all animals is wrong and positive feedback too, can't remember the other options. Coordinate is a weird word to use, but my reasoning was a) the other options were wrong and b) receptors play a role in coordination of hormonal + neuronal responses so it seemed like the least wrong option

The hypothalamus coordinates hormonal + neuronal response, the sensory receptors detect the stimuli. There really wasn't a good option lol
Original post by vannesa
regulates fluidity

It said cholesterol increases fluidity at high temp which is wrong, it would decrease fluidity to regulate. I think the right one was it produces hormones
Original post by Spectrz
The hypothalamus coordinates hormonal + neuronal response, the sensory receptors detect the stimuli. There really wasn't a good option lol

Yeah I know, that's literally what I was thinking in the exam lol but it was hard to know what it meant by coordinate so I thought 'coordinate' could include detecting stimuli and it was better than the other options
for anyone still confused on the phloem v cambium question - i asked my teacher and she said its phloem
Original post by Nazifa9936
for anyone still confused on the phloem v cambium question - i asked my teacher and she said its phloem

Did she see the question?

reckon they'll allow both cos theres no way you can differentiate between phloem and cambium with that image
Original post by username786
Did she see the question?

yep teachers can access the paper now
Original post by roadnaldo
reckon they'll allow both cos theres no way you can differentiate between phloem and cambium with that image

i dont think they would yk.. the cambium is very very thin. the bit it pointed at was quite large and wouldnt have been the size of the cambium so mustve been phloem
Original post by Spectrz
from the insert you could see spiralled lignin (flexible support) and the phloem next to it had holes in its walls which are plasmodesmata (allow sucrose to diffuse in from companion cells). That's what I wrote abt

I think the labelled part was the cambium, others have said phloem so not sure

below the labelled part was the xylem, adaptations were transport water and mineral ions, provide structure

pluripotent: can differentiate into any cell type but cannot form an entire organism (I forgot this part)

There was no end cell walls for xylem right ? For continuous flow of water and minerals
that muscle diagram question was soooo bad i couldnt understand the h band thing like wtf
Original post by anon2003!
For the EPC did anyone put that it wasn't safe because it could cause uncontrolled cell division?

I did ! I said this could lead to a tumour

same, my teacher also said phloem
Original post by borat32
There was no end cell walls for xylem right ? For continuous flow of water and minerals

i didn't say no end walls but i said its a hollow tube. is that enough?
Here’s a summary of the questions I can remember for anyone that wants to see them all together as the thread is long (can’t remember many mcq’s)
- Mean, median, mode mcq
- 6mark water
- Mount Everest chocolate better than sugar cake mcq
- Bonds in triglycerides mcq
- Serial dilution
- Pluripotent stem cells
- IPSCs benefits and danger
- Cholesterol functions mcq
- Effect of increasing enzyme conc graph mcq
- Expiration mcq
- Vascular bundle in leaf diagram - phloem and function of xylem
- Coloured micrograph vascular tissue in stem adaptations
- Photosynthesis gap fill LIR
- Adrenal failure - response to danger
- Adrenal failure - symptoms explained
- Relationship between photosynthesis and respiration mcq
- Fish respirometer - water flow and changes to setup
- Source of atp strenuous exercise 6marks?
- 3 types of protein in muscle
- How to tell muscle is contracted image
- Q10
- percentage uncertainty
- Advantage of using computer to record data
- Evaluate conclusion - fungus
- Potato osmosis practical - anomaly
- Box tick features of types of muscle
- Fish optimum temperature o2 uptake
- Need for transport systems multicellular plants
- Homeostasis mcq
- Endocrine gland definition
- Exocrine gland difference
(edited 1 year ago)
How many marks was the symptoms explanation q worth?
If anyone can remember more multiple choice questions please state what you can remember!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending