The Student Room Group

Doing an intercalated degree at another university

So far I have an offer from one university and I really want to take a year out to do some research. But the only problem is, is that I'm not a big fan of the intercalated courses my university does. I was wondering if you can do an intercalated degree at another university. Also if anyone has, what was it like?
Depends on which uni you go to; some do permit you to do intercalated courses at other unis (while some don't) and some intercalated courses accept students from other medical schools (and notably, some do not). HYMS has put together a database of intercalated courses in the UK here: https://www.intercalate.co.uk/ which you may wish to browse (it's not exhaustive though I believe as I think some have pointed out courses not listed in it that are available at some unis).

Generally Oxford and Cambridge do not let you intercalate elsewhere, nor do the accept external intercalators. Imperial I believe accepts and releases students in both directions. Other medical schools may vary.
(edited 2 years ago)
BSMS
Yes, I really enjoy researching, also, I'd like to go back home to London and spend some time with family. Things can change when it comes to it, but I still would like the option for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending