The Student Room Group

Continuing with university??

Hi,

So I am going into my second year in September but I am completely conflicted if University is what I want to do, would it be possible to change to an apprenticeship, I do not know however I am kind of just floating through life, I do want to continue with the same degree I am going for however maybe via a more interesting route.

I have no clue where to go from here though and how I would go about any of this
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

So I am going into my second year in September but I am completely conflicted if University is what I want to do, would it be possible to change to an apprenticeship, I do not know however I am kind of just floating through life, I do want to continue with the same degree I am going for however maybe via a more interesting route.

I have no clue where to go from here though and how I would go about any of this

Hi,
My advice would be to talk to your university. Are you able to do a year in industry as part of your course? You may also be able to intercalate (take a years break) to have some time out from uni and gain new experiences and you'd be able to continue your degree from where you left off.
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster university student ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,
My advice would be to talk to your university. Are you able to do a year in industry as part of your course? You may also be able to intercalate (take a years break) to have some time out from uni and gain new experiences and you'd be able to continue your degree from where you left off.
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster university student ambassador)

Hi,
Thankyou for your suggestion, yes a placement year is possible but I think between second and third year.

I'm also considering University transfer but this is also something I am unsure is possible at this stage especially as September is quite close

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending