The Student Room Group

Can a 3rd year biomed student transfer to med?

I'm currently in my 3rd final year for my biomedical degree and i was thinking if it was possible to transfer to med (fast track ) and do the final 2 years of med?
Obviously, i would take a gap year and take ucat
Reply 1
no, is the short answer.

You'd have to apply the same as everyone else, either for graduate entry (4 years) or undergraduate entry (5/6 years). There's no fast track option, and if there was it would be insanely popular and highly competitive!

Did you do biomed purely with the intention of doing medicine? Don't tell !

In addition, it's too late now to apply to start a medical degree in September, application closed in October last year! The earliest you could start is September 2023
Reply 2
Original post by PAR2MED
no, is the short answer.

You'd have to apply the same as everyone else, either for graduate entry (4 years) or undergraduate entry (5/6 years). There's no fast track option, and if there was it would be insanely popular and highly competitive!

Did you do biomed purely with the intention of doing medicine? Don't tell @ecolier!

In addition, it's too late now to apply to start a medical degree in September, application closed in October last year! The earliest you could start is September 2023

appreciate the answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending