The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Paper 2 7402/2 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine11111
dw it said no change to apparatus

I said add oil layer to prevent co2 entering to make condition anaerobic so probably wrong lol
Original post by JenishaAnilkumar

I got this then I read the question again so crossed it out
Original post by fridacatlo
Exactly, that's what confused me. So for some reason I put remove KOH, replace with water(?) and record the change in pH? Idk why I said that

i don’t think u needed to remove KOH, cuz isn’t volume of O2 taken in = volume of CO2 released, so it wouldn’t have mattered i don’t think
Original post by Minmin1234
I thoguht urine would be more concentrated if ADH levels rise

wasnt the question about the symptoms asking about less adh
Omds I was gonna write sealed but I didnt :frown:

Original post by fridacatlo
Exactly, that's what confused me. So for some reason I put remove KOH, replace with water(?) and record the change in pH? Idk why I said that

The question about the practical specifically talked about the contents in the apparatus so would it not be referring to something to do with the seeds?
Original post by Mystic_karri
i got 1/8

the probability was 0.5 as the mother of was homozygous recessive and the dad heterozygous then you multiply by 0.5 for the son so it’s 0.25
How much do you guys think an A* will be this year? I think 65% but I hope its lower
Original post by anon17178
wasnt the question about the symptoms asking about less adh

yeah i thought that to
soo hows everyone revising paper 3 since anything can come up
Original post by Minmin1234
Hi I said to remove the koh so it doesn’t absorb the co2 and then I said to use a gas syringe to measure it but to make sure it’s sealed so no oxygen can enter

But if theres no o2 in the system then theres no aerobic respiration. So youll have to do anaerobic respiration and you cant remove o2 unless you put the seed in a vaccum which is not possible.
How much do you guys think an A* will be this year? I think 65% but I hope its lower

i really do think itll be lower,coz so many ppl are finding it hard

how did u find paper 2?

what do u guys reckon an A will be %

not what the poll suggests

Ah okay! I failed maths so I need to make up for it with bio
Original post by Bayan19
the probability was 0.5 as the mother of was homozygous recessive and the dad heterozygous then you multiply by 0.5 for the son so it’s 0.25

i think 1/8 as asked about blood type, gender and the Rr condition, none of them was linked
Original post by Bayan19

Wasn’t it asking for probability of a son (50 %) with resus positive (50%) and type A blood (50 %)
so 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.125 or 1/8th

I got 1/4 but I was convinced I did it wrong
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by medapp202222222
what do u guys reckon an A will be %

55%
Original post by Lucy.may2
how did u find paper 2?

not great lol, but defo better than paper 1, i dont even know why my brain broke down in paper 1. but yh i feel like i did okay, i already know i lost some marks for sure , like i said dna primer not probe and i wanna throw myself out the window for that
Original post by Person 123
not what the poll suggests

I mean this is tsr lol everyones smart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending