The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Accommodation for Paramedic Science Student

Hi All,

I've got a conditional offer for paramedic science at Portsmouth Uni and I've been looking at accommodation. I was wondering if anyone knows the best one for paramedic science students as placement means a lot of unsociable hours but also I will need somewhere to park my car as one is necessary to get to and from placement. If possible I would need to be close-is to the building where the course is run.
Original post by leahball
Hi All,

I've got a conditional offer for paramedic science at Portsmouth Uni and I've been looking at accommodation. I was wondering if anyone knows the best one for paramedic science students as placement means a lot of unsociable hours but also I will need somewhere to park my car as one is necessary to get to and from placement. If possible I would need to be close-is to the building where the course is run.

Hi!

All university student halls are in the same area and are all about a 10-minute walk from university buildings. Unfortunately when you sign a contract with student halls, you cannot bring you car to university, as there are no student parking areas for halls, especially as they are in the city-centre.

Also, knowing how quiet halls will be is unpredictable, as they change each year. In my experience Harry Law, Margaret and Trafalgar halls have been quiet. You can also ask to be accommodated in the quiet areas of halls when you apply for accommodation. Also contact [email protected] you will be able to ask where most paramedics stay in halls.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!

All university student halls are in the same area and are all about a 10-minute walk from university buildings. Unfortunately when you sign a contract with student halls, you cannot bring you car to university, as there are no student parking areas for halls, especially as they are in the city-centre.

Also, knowing how quiet halls will be is unpredictable, as they change each year. In my experience Harry Law, Margaret and Trafalgar halls have been quiet. You can also ask to be accommodated in the quiet areas of halls when you apply for accommodation. Also contact [email protected] you will be able to ask where most paramedics stay in halls.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Hi,

I have been told by course tutors for the course that we require a car due to placements. Please can you confirm this?
i’m in margaret starting in september, i’ve got a parking space but phone the council for that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending