The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea accommodation

any undergrads starting this year going to oldway centre?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
going singleton this year
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by Alysxx
going singleton this year

Aah i was going to but pricing seemed quite high
Reply 3
I'm putting singleton first as its my campus but it wont give me an option for oldway
Original post by Cat.B1
I'm putting singleton first as its my campus but it wont give me an option for oldway

Oldway is external not part of the uni
Reply 5
Original post by Neurosciencenerd
Oldway is external not part of the uni

Did not realise that, thank you! So is singleton and bay campus accommodations the best for socalising and being close to lectures? Does anyone have any advice with accomidation?
Original post by Cat.B1
Did not realise that, thank you! So is singleton and bay campus accommodations the best for socalising and being close to lectures? Does anyone have any advice with accomidation?

Yeah the campus accommodation is convenient for closeness to lectures - when i went to the open day the students I talked to there said that I made the right choice tho in applying for accommodation outside the uni - it was much cheaper as well than the one at the campus. It depends if you think you will be able to make friends despite not being situated at the campus
Reply 7
Yeah the campus accommodation is convenient for closeness to lectures - when i went to the open day the students I talked to there said that I made the right choice tho in applying for accommodation outside the uni - it was much cheaper as well than the one at the campus. It depends if you think you will be able to make friends despite not being situated at the campus

Thats one of my worries, as i'm doing paramedic science I wont be in my accommodation under half of the time so I'm not overly worried about the facilities. I tend to make friends easily and I like to be sociable. I think i'll apply to en-suites for bay and singleton then put true and seren at the bottom of my list. When I attended my interview most of the students there were mature so I couldn't ask much about accommodation. Thank you!
Original post by Cat.B1
Thats one of my worries, as i'm doing paramedic science I wont be in my accommodation under half of the time so I'm not overly worried about the facilities. I tend to make friends easily and I like to be sociable. I think i'll apply to en-suites for bay and singleton then put true and seren at the bottom of my list. When I attended my interview most of the students there were mature so I couldn't ask much about accommodation. Thank you!

If your not going to be in your accommodation much what will you be doing. Where are you going to be based. It will impact on where best to stay.
Reply 9
(Original post by Neurosciencenerd)any undergrads starting this year going to oldway centre?

I'm a first going to second year staying there for next academic year
Original post by KiDAsia
(Original post by Neurosciencenerd)any undergrads starting this year going to oldway centre?

I'm a first going to second year staying there for next academic year

nice were u staying on campus before?
Reply 11
nice were u staying on campus before?

I was staying in a uni accomodation called the student village which was really cheap and had free bus pass but was kind of far from campus and city centre. The accomodation the university offers isn’t the best for its price, which is why I chose private
Original post by KiDAsia
I was staying in a uni accomodation called the student village which was really cheap and had free bus pass but was kind of far from campus and city centre. The accomodation the university offers isn’t the best for its price, which is why I chose private

Yeah I'm going into first year and im getting private - the campus doesn't seem value for my money
Reply 13
Yeah I'm going into first year and im getting private - the campus doesn't seem value for my money

Yeah, Oldway is great, gym looked big and the rooms looked big too when I had my viewing, good location too. Campus doesn’t offer much but a room and a kitchen lol for higher cost
Original post by KiDAsia
Yeah, Oldway is great, gym looked big and the rooms looked big too when I had my viewing, good location too. Campus doesn’t offer much but a room and a kitchen lol for higher cost

Yeah definitely - which room did you pick?
Reply 15
Yeah definitely - which room did you pick?

Do not completely remember the room but it is around the fourth floor from what I remember, they will send me moving details closer to my contract. I like a nice view, how about yours?
think i got ensuite and that's all I can remember 😭 but the price was so good tho
Reply 17
(Original post by Neurosciencenerd)think i got ensuite and that's all I can remember 😭 but the price was so good tho

What will you be studying?
Original post by KiDAsia
(Original post by Neurosciencenerd)think i got ensuite and that's all I can remember 😭 but the price was so good tho

What will you be studying?

Pharmacy. What do you study?
Reply 19
Pharmacy. What do you study

Are you on the Mpharm course? Im studying cardiac physiology, we will both be based in the health school

Quick Reply

Latest