The Student Room Group

University of Leeds A100 2022 entry offer holders thread

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when is the deadline for turning in documents? I just applied for my first provisional license but it will take up to 3 weeks to arrive.
Thanks 👍👍👍 Did you have any contextual points ? Do you mind saying what your BMAT was ? Thank-You

Original post by Blueowl04
Yes, they count 8 GCSEs. And my 7s were in maths and music. (But i later took maths as an A-level)
Original post by HopefulHarry
Thanks 👍👍👍 Did you have any contextual points ? Do you mind saying what your BMAT was ? Thank-You

Nope, no contextual points. My BMAT was 5.0 , 4.9 , 3A
Hope this helped!!
Original post by rubab zafar
Can anyone explain DBS check to me and also is it relevant for international students? Which documents do we need?

For international students you need to fill out the exemption form that they include in the email, then they arrange a virtual meeting with you where they take down the details of your passport (this takes less than 5 minutes lol it's very fast). After that you're supposed to get an email from Security Watchdog and I guess you just fill out whatever they tell you to (I haven't received it yet). I'm pretty sure the deadline has passed to fill out the exemption form though, so if you haven't done it yet I'm not sure? Perhaps try emailing them.
Great , thks 👍

Hope this helped!!
Hi,
Congratulations to you all.

I would like to know if the below is enough to get offer at Leeds

Please advice

GCSE
12×9 which includes maths, chemistry, biology, physics and 8 in Mandarin

A level predicted
A* chemistry
A* biology
A* physics
A* EPQ

BMAT
Section 1 5.5
Section 2. 5.5
Section 3 3 A

No contextual points

Thanks
Original post by 15Kjosh
Leeds is very gcse heavy. I got an offer this year and had straight 9s at GCSE with A*A*A predicted. 1 less point shouldn’t prevent you from applying as you still have your BMAT to increase your total score. I’m not sure what the cutoff for this year was as it changes every year but it is usually >37 out of 40

How do they workout 37 or more out of 40.
3 for 9 in 8 GCSE subjects = 24
8 for A* in Three subjects = 8
how to they get rest of 8
Top 20% BMAT also get 5 maximum
That's makes it 24+ 8+ 5= 37

Pl advice
Did anyone get offers / interviews for Leeds in 2022 without perfect GCSE’s ? ( ie less than 8 x Grade 8/9, & are non WP ). Thks

What's Non WP means?
Thanks
If you are a successful non WP applicant, do you mind sharing you GCSE stats ? Or anyone else ? Trying to establish if worth applying with 1 dropped point ! Thanks

Hi HopefulHarry
How are you working out the points ? Can u please explain
Thanks
Hope this helped!!

Congratulations. If you don't mind may I know your A level grades?
Thanks
Original post by curiousappa
Hi,
Congratulations to you all.

I would like to know if the below is enough to get offer at Leeds

Please advice

GCSE
12×9 which includes maths, chemistry, biology, physics and 8 in Mandarin

A level predicted
A* chemistry
A* biology
A* physics
A* EPQ

BMAT
Section 1 5.5
Section 2. 5.5
Section 3 3 A

No contextual points

Thanks

Wow those are some incredible grades well done! :smile:

I am a gap year student who got an interview in Y13 but did not get in, but the next year (the application cycle that has just finished) I was able to get the interview again and pass thankfully. In terms of your school grades they are in a very high percentile of students and your beat grades are quite good too being above the average by a bit (for context I got 7 Grade 9's, 4 Grade 8's for GCSE and was predicted 4A* with and epq, and got 3A* and 1 A fora level, my BMAT was S1=5.9, S2=4.9, S3=3.5A and was able to get an interview offer)

I feel pretty confident you would get an interview offer and from then your ability to get a conditional/unconditional offer from the university of leeds to study medicine is entirely dependent on your interview performance. The best of luck, I know you got this :biggrin:
Original post by Nivinpauly
Wow those are some incredible grades well done! :smile:

I am a gap year student who got an interview in Y13 but did not get in, but the next year (the application cycle that has just finished) I was able to get the interview again and pass thankfully. In terms of your school grades they are in a very high percentile of students and your beat grades are quite good too being above the average by a bit (for context I got 7 Grade 9's, 4 Grade 8's for GCSE and was predicted 4A* with and epq, and got 3A* and 1 A fora level, my BMAT was S1=5.9, S2=4.9, S3=3.5A and was able to get an interview offer)

I feel pretty confident you would get an interview offer and from then your ability to get a conditional/unconditional offer from the university of leeds to study medicine is entirely dependent on your interview performance. The best of luck, I know you got this :biggrin:

Thanks for your information Nivinpauly. That's very useful.
Congratulations. I am glad you made it. What did you do differently this time on your interviews if you dont mind asking

Do you know how Leeds scores the students out of 40 ? Inorder to invite for interview

I heard GCSE maximum 24 and A level Maximum 8 and then BMAT maximum 5 for those who scored top 20% and 4 for next 20%. Not sure how they get etc 3 on this to make it 40.
(edited 1 year ago)
Thanks for your information Nivinpauly. That's very useful.
Congratulations. I am glad you made it. What did you do differently this time on your interviews if you dont mind asking

Do you know how Leeds scores the students out of 40 ? Inorder to invite for interview

I heard GCSE maximum 24 and A level Maximum 8 and then BMAT maximum 5 for those who scored top 20% and 4 for next 20%. Not sure how they get etc 3 on this to make it 40.

Appreciate it curiousappa. In reference to what I did differently to interviews, it was not to much as my main pitfall the previous year was my 'demeanour' and how I held myself during the interview (I was always quite shy when it came to speaking which would lead me to speak to quickly and seem stressed), so I generally just practised building my confidence by answering interview questions with my family and friends.

Also this year I got the 2nd edition of the book 'Medical School Interviews' which was a lifesaver since it had 150questions to prepare and practise for and made me feel much more prepared and confident when it came to my actual interview (although watch out for the trap of just reading the book and not practising as I have heard from other students).

But if confidence is not an issue for you all you have to do is find out about life at leeds and the A100 course online, from people there or open days, make an experience bank from which to draw on if asked in the interview and practise practise practise! :biggrin:

In reference to the /40 scoring, I actually did not know about this while applying to Leeds but knew about the general categories they would score me on (GCSE/Alevels/BMAT/Personal statement), so perhaps the remaining 3 marks from this /40 score system come from the quality of your personal statement (the work experience you have done and most importantly what you learned from it).
Hey, are people applying for MUMS?
Appreciate it curiousappa. In reference to what I did differently to interviews, it was not to much as my main pitfall the previous year was my 'demeanour' and how I held myself during the interview (I was always quite shy when it came to speaking which would lead me to speak to quickly and seem stressed), so I generally just practised building my confidence by answering interview questions with my family and friends.

Also this year I got the 2nd edition of the book 'Medical School Interviews' which was a lifesaver since it had 150questions to prepare and practise for and made me feel much more prepared and confident when it came to my actual interview (although watch out for the trap of just reading the book and not practising as I have heard from other students).

But if confidence is not an issue for you all you have to do is find out about life at leeds and the A100 course online, from people there or open days, make an experience bank from which to draw on if asked in the interview and practise practise practise! :biggrin:

In reference to the /40 scoring, I actually did not know about this while applying to Leeds but knew about the general categories they would score me on (GCSE/Alevels/BMAT/Personal statement), so perhaps the remaining 3 marks from this /40 score system come from the quality of your personal statement (the work experience you have done and most importantly what you learned from it).

think @Nivinpauli answered this question in a thoughtful cautious manner
but please can @curiousappa and everyone else on TSR be careful not to put a respondent in the position of answering questions about the interview process at any medical school,
even potentially. Thanks 🙏🏼
You’ll understand that interview content is confidential.

Thanks
Original post by MedMama
think @Nivinpauli answered this question in a thoughtful cautious manner
but please can @curiousappa and everyone else on TSR be careful not to put a respondent in the position of answering questions about the interview process at any medical school,
even potentially. Thanks 🙏🏼
You’ll understand that interview content is confidential.

Thanks @MedMamma for the headsup when replying to questions in the TSR especially surrounding interviews.
Thanks @MedMamma for the headsup when replying to questions in the TSR especially surrounding interviews.

Thanks @MedMamma for the headsup.
Are allowed to get some tips to prepare for the interview ? With out asking content of the interview. I guess open day is the right place for this. Imperial does the mock interview on their medicine talk on open day. I havent seen any in Leeds open day. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Congratulations. If you don't mind may I know your A level grades?
Thanks

Hiii, I am so sorry, i have not logged into tsr since summer!! idk if this is still useful to you but i had applied and been predicted 3A*s and I got 3A*s on results day. Hope your medicine application is going well!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending