The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Biology B Paper 2: 9BI0 02 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I<3
U haven’t even got ur result back mate

shut up mate @Rahand2004isnt wrong? you actually revised???! what a waste of time, all the time i saved by not revising i was learning about the stock market and investing in crypto. god you're such a beta cuck.
Original post by tai_lung95

yeah same
guys, how did you answer about the difference between Braun and grey colors birds
Reply 23
Original post by maddbiology
shut up mate @Rahand2004isnt wrong? you actually revised???! what a waste of time, all the time i saved by not revising i was learning about the stock market and investing in crypto. god you're such a beta cuck.

Wtf
Reply 24
Original post by studentLuna
Wait what we’re the questions about sexual reproduction in mammals and gene pools??

Gene pools was the hardy Weinburg equation, but unless I'm being really stupid I don't think there was a question on sexual reproduction in mammals?
Original post by airvine
Gene pools was the hardy Weinburg equation, but unless I'm being really stupid I don't think there was a question on sexual reproduction in mammals?

Oh yes totally forgot that’s in gene pool.

Yh I agree I can’t remember one question linked to it and it’s midway of the AI 🤡
What did you guys write for how lehaemoglobin helps the growth of plants in water logged soil?
Original post by studentLuna
Wait what we’re the questions about sexual reproduction in mammals and gene pools??

gene pools was the hardy weinberg question and the sexual reproduction was the blastocyst question
Original post by ICLMED!!
What did you guys write for how lehaemoglobin helps the growth of plants in water logged soil?

low O2 in water logged soil, lehaemoglobin has relatively low affinity for O2 seen through it releasing O2 at lower partial pressures allowing the plants to have access to O2 in the low O2 environment for aerobic respiration to produce the ATP required for protein synthesis to produce proteins and enzymes required for growth.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Hbeaumont66
gene pools was the hardy weinberg question and the sexual reproduction was the blastocyst question

Ah yes. I remember now. Thank you!
**** I forgot to square root my q2 for the hardy-weinburg q. Can't help shaking the feeling that those 3 marks might be the difference between A and a B :frown:
Original post by Trolbergh
**** I forgot to square root my q2 for the hardy-weinburg q. Can't help shaking the feeling that those 3 marks might be the difference between A and a B :frown:

you shld get ecf honestly pls dont think about ik its hard but there's nothing you can do
Original post by Hbeaumont66
low O2 in water logged soil, lehaemoglobin has relatively low affinity for O2 seen through it releasing O2 at lower partial pressures allowing the plants to have access to O2 in the low O2 environment for aerobic respiration to produce the ATP required for protein synthesis to produce proteins and enzymes required for growth.

yeah i wrote that too but also mentioned how more ATP means faster rate of LIR in photosynthesis as more GP reduced to GALP, so more glucose present for synthesis of biological molecules
Predictions on the grade bound for A* and A?
I think it went really well. There wasn’t many questions I didn’t know how to answer.
Original post by Jacobalex_
I think it went really well. There wasn’t many questions I didn’t know how to answer.

do u think grade bound will go above 2019’s one then?
Original post by ameliajak

Probably
Original post by ameliajak

doubt it bc it was easier yh but on the whole id say its been quite similar to 2019 so far
Original post by sym06
doubt it bc it was easier yh but on the whole id say its been quite similar to 2019 so far

Original post by Jacobalex_
Probably

I see thanks. Lol i thought grade boundaries will be lower than 2019's cause I thought people found paper 1 hard.
Reply 39
Original post by not.a.tree
yeah i wrote that too but also mentioned how more ATP means faster rate of LIR in photosynthesis as more GP reduced to GALP, so more glucose present for synthesis of biological molecules

The leghaemoglobin was specifically in the roots underground in waterlogged soil not the leaves

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending