The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy work experience

Hey, so I am trying to find work experience for physio and every single clinic I have emailed so far have said they don't offer any. Would it be worth my time to email football clubs near me, or would it be pointless since i'm 16 years old ?
Original post by idontlikeessays
Hey, so I am trying to find work experience for physio and every single clinic I have emailed so far have said they don't offer any. Would it be worth my time to email football clubs near me, or would it be pointless since i'm 16 years old ?

Hi there.

I don't believe physio work experience would be essential for uni applications so don't worry. If you'd like to get some insight and knowledge then the virtual work exp link below may be useful:

https://www.nhsborders.scot.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/our-services/allied-health-professionals/physiotherapy/virtual-work-experience/

Best wishes :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

I don't believe physio work experience would be essential for uni applications so don't worry. If you'd like to get some insight and knowledge then the virtual work exp link below may be useful:

https://www.nhsborders.scot.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/our-services/allied-health-professionals/physiotherapy/virtual-work-experience/

Best wishes :smile:

thank you so much
Id say it pretty much is essential. Anyone would have a hard time 'demonstrating your knowledge of the scope of Physiotherapy' at an interview. That is something you will defiantly be asked. Also ALOT of students come into Physio only thinking its about sports. Its a given people know about sports physio, but if you can show you understand patient holistic care throughout neurological and respiratory pathways you will very desirable to unis.
Original post by anonymous789123
Id say it pretty much is essential. Anyone would have a hard time 'demonstrating your knowledge of the scope of Physiotherapy' at an interview. That is something you will defiantly be asked. Also ALOT of students come into Physio only thinking its about sports. Its a given people know about sports physio, but if you can show you understand patient holistic care throughout neurological and respiratory pathways you will very desirable to unis.

okay, thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending