The Student Room Group

How will my coursework affect my A Level Grade?

Hi,So I got a B in Edexcel English literature coursework but I hope to achieve an A in each exam. Will I get an overall A or a high B in the end?
In 2019 you could get an A, although it I think it would depend slightly on the exact marks you earned. Check the grade boundaries and notional grade boundaries from 2019 (the exam paper marks are weighted x1.5 and the coursework is weighted x1).
Hey :smile: I also got a B in my Edexcel Lit coursework and I was a bit annoyed as I felt as if I deserved more.

Anyway, getting an A overall is still possible providing you achieve around 45/60 in Paper 1, 30/40 in Paper 2, and 34/60 in Paper 3.

Obviously it doesn't exactly have to be those specific figures for each individual exam but just to give you an idea. That's from 2019 grade boundaries anyway. Hope this helps.
Reply 3
Original post by WutheringHxights
Hey :smile: I also got a B in my Edexcel Lit coursework and I was a bit annoyed as I felt as if I deserved more.

Anyway, getting an A overall is still possible providing you achieve around 45/60 in Paper 1, 30/40 in Paper 2, and 34/60 in Paper 3.

Obviously it doesn't exactly have to be those specific figures for each individual exam but just to give you an idea. That's from 2019 grade boundaries anyway. Hope this helps.

Ahh okay thanks for this, really appreciate it !! If you don’t mind me asking but what did you end up getting for english lit a level? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending