The Student Room Group

Transmedia 2022 Virtual Exhibition

We are really excited to be able to share with you the work of all our students from the DMD, 3D & CAD undergraduate programmes, including the MA Digital Media Practice & Pathways’ students.

Our virtual exhibition is available to view here, so please have a look!

Some example posts are below!
(edited 1 year ago)
Where the River Ran

Where The River Ran is a puzzle horror game following the character of Shannon Roe as she arrives aboard a seemingly stranded ship after receiving a distress signal. She soon discovers the crew to be missing and finds herself enveloped in a mystery she will have to solve. This project was made by the joint work of Emily Hellwege (Sound Engineer, Concept Artist and Voice Acting) as well as William Cramb (3D Artist, Developer & Voice Acting).
AR Application Funko Pops

In this client project, my brief was to create an Augmented Reality application for the 3D miniature model company Funko Pops. The app hosts a variety of 3D influential characters that the user can select from manipulating in AR. The Nerd Rage box was scanned using photogrammetry to scan each model, enabling a high-resolution 3D model to be created, exported as an FBX file and then imported into Unity. The app utilised a variety of C# scripts to produce the application's functionality.
Lockable

Lockable, the first project of this semester, is a device that attaches to your kitchen appliances for a more hands on and secured tutorial. In our research, we discovered more than 79% of people aged 18 to 35 weren't confident in cooking, and with the rise of cooking during the pandemic, we felt it was a great time to give our generation a great learning experience. I was the branding and UX/UI designer for this project. While my second project, Silent Maze, is a VR horror game that was developed and designed with hard of hearing and deaf gamers in mind. Instead of audio, we use vibrations through the VR controllers. I am the branding, social media and advertisement designer for this project. When doing our research, this community were often neglected during the design process of the gaming industry; we felt it was important for all users to have a full experience when doing things they love.
Explore Malmesbury

In this project, myself, Yurie Shigemura, Dean Collins and Joe Walsh were tasked with making a number of structures to be placed in Unreal Engine 4 scenes of both Anglo Saxon Malmesbury and the Malmesbury abbey as it appeared in the 1500s.

This project required much research in to both periods and the architecture used, as well as strong communication amongst the team and a broadening of our skills to achieve the brief.

Quick Reply

Latest