The Student Room Group

Re take GCSE as an adult

I’m wanting to do a second degree, I graduated from university last year, but have changed my mind and want to do midwifery.
Due to a very confusing and unfortunate mix up during my last two years at high schooled it ended up that I didn’t achieve a pass grade in GCSE biology, to get onto the midwifery course; even though I have a degree I will still need my biology GCSE. Can anyone recommend where I can do it as an adult? I know there is a practical module and all the online courses I have seen don’t include that and I wouldn’t know how to go about arranging it.
Thanks!
Original post by MPC9822
I’m wanting to do a second degree, I graduated from university last year, but have changed my mind and want to do midwifery.
Due to a very confusing and unfortunate mix up during my last two years at high schooled it ended up that I didn’t achieve a pass grade in GCSE biology, to get onto the midwifery course; even though I have a degree I will still need my biology GCSE. Can anyone recommend where I can do it as an adult? I know there is a practical module and all the online courses I have seen don’t include that and I wouldn’t know how to go about arranging it.
Thanks!

Have you tried perhaps local schools that runs day and night classes courses for this or even a local college.

Yes you'll need your biology for midwifing but not every university ask for biology for midwifing as some ask only for a science subject.....
I take it you have looked at all the universities that you are thinking of going to for the midwifing degree course for there entry requirements.

A NHS registered midwife.
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Have you tried perhaps local schools that runs day and night classes courses for this or even a local college.

Yes you'll need your biology for midwifing but not every university ask for biology for midwifing as some ask only for a science subject.....
I take it you have looked at all the universities that you are thinking of going to for the midwifing degree course for there entry requirements.

A NHS registered midwife.

Thanks for replying! I never thought of checking with local schools etc, I will do now!
I am a new parent, my daughter is 7 months old, I lived away at uni for the degree I’ve just completed but moved home whilst I was pregnant with her, so the local university which is the only one feasible for me to attend requires GCSE biology 😫
thanks for your response 🤞
Reply 3
There’s an institution I’m doing my gcse science with which I need for nursing. Their based in Birmingham if your from there or are willing to travel for exams. The institute is called AEC exam institution.
Original post by MPC9822
Thanks for replying! I never thought of checking with local schools etc, I will do now!
I am a new parent, my daughter is 7 months old, I lived away at uni for the degree I’ve just completed but moved home whilst I was pregnant with her, so the local university which is the only one feasible for me to attend requires GCSE biology 😫
thanks for your response 🤞

Hi
No worries ☺️☺️yes lots of people forget that a lot of schools run day & nights further education classes for all sorts of areas and they don't look at what's on offer with those as think it's only colleges that does it.

Do have a search for anything in your area and see what happens.

Oh congratulations on your recent new arrival and of course it's must be hard for you especially living away from home 🏡.
Ig your local university insists that you need to have GCSE Biology for the midwifery course then you'll have to unfortunately get this and then apply for the midwifery course after you complete it.

Good luck with it and I hope you will succeed in getting into university for midwifery x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending